Sushi suggestions, please?

2»

Replies

• bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    I have my favs but when we go out we just get the sushi boat. It has 36 pieces on it so you get a sampling of rolls and sometimes nigiri. It fills us up and we get to try new ones. We have never had the same thing twice. That would be a good option if it is available at your sushi place.
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Don't soak your sushi pieces in soy sauce, and get a pot or 2 of green tea and drink it throughout the meal. Avoid the deep=fried rolls and tempura crunch.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    I love sushi; yellow tail is my favorite. I used to soak my sushi in soy sauce, but since trying to watch my sodium I have learned to use the wasabi as an alternative. I just put a tiny bit on the chopsticks and then pick up the roll. Flavor, spice, and everything nice. If they have ginger ice cream it is fun to try too. I don't like ginger, but the few times I have had it as a ice cream flavor I like it. Also, green tea is supposed to be a great tea in the aid of weight loss. :o)
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    The spicy sauce in spicy tuna contains mayo. Most places I've been to were very accommodating about my order for "spicy tuna without the mayo, only the spicy sauce (which is usually sriracha)." It makes a difference of about 120 calories according to sushi calories websites. Rainbow sushi roll is a killer and so is dynamite sushi. Its about 400 odd cals for 4-5 pieces. Simple rolls with no cream cheese and fried anything are good. You cannot help the sodium though. Even if you're using low sodium soy sauce, the rice, hot sauces, etc. all contribute to a high sodium meal. I'm always 2-3 pounds heavier the day after I gorge on sushi.