bad food but still under calorie limit

Options
I had a slice of pizza today but is it pokay and will affect my weight loss even if im mstill under my calorie limit and it fits into my macros
?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I had a slice of pizza today but is it pokay and will affect my weight loss even if im mstill under my calorie limit and it fits into my macros
    ?

Why is pizza bad? The fact that you fit pizza into your macros is win.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I eat it at least once a month. I just watch my portions now. Sometimes I will eat a salad first so I wont want to eat the whole pizza LOL
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    it's ok, relax and eat better tomorrow

I am having pizza for dinner. At first I went on the popular pizza restaurants and googled their nutrition. I didn't like what it did to my mpf, so I decided to find a "primal" recipe. It's not the same as regular pizza (not as good) but I feel so much more relieved that I took control and didn't go over...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ?

Why is pizza bad? The fact that you fit pizza into your macros is win.

^^this

Also, make sure you are getting all the micronutients you need (vitamins, minerals etc) - which you can get some from pizza (e.g. the cheese has a good amount of calcium, zinc and Vit A and the marinara sauce Vit C).
  • AtteroIgnis
    Options
    Depriving yourself of anything is the fast road to nowhere if you ask me.
    It just leaves you with the wrong attitude to your weight loss, a feeling of frustration and resentment.
    Ive quit nothing during my diet so far - Beer, Cake, Pizza .. You just have to follow the golden rule - Moderation.
    Less of it and less regularly - keep it inside your cals and macros and there's really no major problem.

The happier you are with what your eating, the easier its going to be to sustain weight loss long term.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't BAD, it's fairly well balanced depending on the toppings.
    The ONLY thing that could be considered BAD is the typically high sodium content.
    If you make it fit your macros and drink a lot of water, pizza is AWESOME!:drinker:
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    ^^^ this!!

each daymake sure you are within your calorie goal, eating plenty of protein, drinking lots of water, and you will be fine!! i eat an ice cream sandwhich almost every single day, but everything is in place macro and calorie wise. no problems here! the more you tell yourself there are certain foods you absolutely can't eat, the more likely you are to go crazy and binge one day! if you want your weight loss to last forever, you have to be on a diet plan that is sustainable for life.