Why is it harder to get up early then go to bed late?

Options
124»

Replies

• MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Morning wood?
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Because you're young.

Ah, no... that ain't it. I'm not as young and I still function better staying up late and sleeping in than going to bed early and getting up early. Sadly, in order to have ANY personal time, I have to get up early enough to get a few things done before I have to go in to work... early.

No morning wrens here.

I am loving all the night owls who are here. :)

I always feel somewhat violated when that alarm clock goes off. Especially if it goes off before my usual time.

Intellectually I know if I retrained myself I COULD get up earlier. I just don't care to.

This is exactly it. Now, I will say that I love the idea of having a morning workout, and that's one thing that's helping me get up so early, but I have no desire to go to bed before 10, so that just means that I'm generally going to be a zombie for the day. Early to bed AND early to rise is just not in my clockwork (physical, mental, or emotional), if you know what I mean.
  • Ven79
    Ven79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You know, I just caught myself in a silly statement and it got me to wondering...

Why is it harder to get up super early then it is to stay up super late?

What's up with that?

If I am required to get up an hour earlier then usual I feel like I'm LOSING an hour but if I'm required to STAY UP an hour later then usual it doesn't feel like a loss at all.

Any scientific mumbo-jumbo to explain this phenomenon? Or words of advice to overcome hating to have to be up earlier?

i wish there was an easy pill you could take to get your *kitten* out of bed when you have kids who wake you up half the night and you're on 4 hours of sleep.

HOW DO YOU DO IT!??
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am so lame. I find it hard to stay up late and to get up early. But, I'm great in bed, I could probably sleep for days.