Someone PLEASE clear this up for me...

Options
Calimama123
Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
I always see recipes people post referring to "ranch packets". Are these ranch dip mixes, or ranch dressing mixes?? Are they the same? THANKS! :happy:

Replies

• Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    anyone??
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Have no idea sorry!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I think it means those packets of Ranch dip mix...Should be near the salad fixins at the store...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think its the powdered dip mix you put in sour cream. Like Hidden Valley makes.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    These are packets of powdered ranch dressing that you have to add sour cream or whatever to make dressing. People use these as essentially flavor packets for other things to get the ranch flavor without the may-like fat.
  • ba18ba18a
    ba18ba18a Posts: 46
    Options
    Usually, in recipes, it's the powdered ranch DRESSING packets that are being referred to, not the DIP packets. They are different. :)
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    From what I've looked at and bought, the ingredients in ranch "dip" and "dressing" packets are the same, you just either mix it with milk and mayo for dressing or sour cream for dip. :smile:
  • AJTwiddy
    AJTwiddy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The ranch packets are for both dip or dressing add it to Reg Greek Yogurt for a low Cal dip!!!!
  • amanda_au2012
    Options
    Theres packets called Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and it comes in a powder, and its in a packet. Its in the aisle with the salad dressing. Its great with breadcrumbs on porkchops, chicken, etcetc. =)