Fading fast...

Options
I've been at it for 9 days solid now... I set an endurence goal for myself of hitting the gym for 2 hours a day for 14 days straight. I've been doing a nice balanced rotation on my workout to not burn out anything.

But after only 4 hours of sleep last night I am just shattered! My body's screaming for sleep and my gym closes early tonight.

Should I press on and just do a light night? Or skip it all and double down tomorrow and go for 4 hours to make up for my loss tonight?

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I think you should rest. It wont hurt you to take a rest day.
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Your body needs sleep to rest and recover from your exercise efforts. Get some sleep, and get back to your regular 2 hour routine tomorrow. Just my 2 cents.
  • Jayavery
    Jayavery Posts: 3
    Options
    Agreed. Give your body and your mind a break.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I hate rest days... I always feel a huge drop in my motivation levels after them, thats why I go out of my way to not take them.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    Preworkout energy mix ready and slammed... 30 minute timmer set for workout. Couldnt stop myself... I am addicted to the burn and can't stay away!
  • jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I say rest or you'll feel even worse tomorrow. What about just going for a walk if you feel you need to do something?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 9 days solid now... I set an endurence goal for myself of hitting the gym for 2 hours a day for 14 days straight. I've been doing a nice balanced rotation on my workout to not burn out anything.

But after only 4 hours of sleep last night I am just shattered! My body's screaming for sleep and my gym closes early tonight.

Should I press on and just do a light night? Or skip it all and double down tomorrow and go for 4 hours to make up for my loss tonight?

Hey bud!
    Enjoy that overtraining!
    Hope you are eating well above TDEE to fuel it.
    NVM....at 1400cals you are doomed!

Hit reset on the console and start over.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'd say rest because your body is now asking for it. You can always double up the next day. One day doesn't hurt as a 'break-down' period.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta rest bro... definitely
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

OP first off i'd like to apologize for being a DB earlier.
    I'll explain my first post.

In the past 5 days you have eaten:

Each day.

If you are an average Joe, about 5'6" and have a regular daytime job, you probably burn about 2300-2700 cals per day.
    Sometimes even more.

So on average per week you Use 16100-18900cals.
    So far if we average out your intake without eating back calories youll be taking in 9100.

16100-9100=7000 calorie a week deficit.
    On paper this looks great because it should be about 2lbs a week lost in fat.
    But fat loss doesnt work that way.
    Right now you are causing stress on your body by just eating below TDEE or maintenance.
    Add to that the stress of working out daily for 2 hours.
    Now lets say you burn 200-400 cals a session per day and eat them back.
    That brings our deficit to 1500-1700 daily.
    Thats a little better for fat loss!
    I tell most of my clients to cut only 20% from TDEE or maintenance to lose fat and help maintain lean mass.
    Youll also lose more weight only working out 3 days a week with ample rest in between.

I hope this helps with your issue.
    You are tired because:
    1) You dont eat enough to fuel your day
    2) You work out way to much for someone on such a high deficit

Quit killing yourself bud!
    Youll have better results taking it nice and slow.

PM me if you have any questions.
    Also check out my link:

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<

This will help you understand some of what i'm talking about.

Good luck!
    First off you are eating at a huge deficit.
    1300 and not eating back calories isnt the best practice for losing weight/fat.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Take a rest day...you're not 18 anymore! You will feel awesome tomorrow after a great night's sleep.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    Addictive personality here. Had to hit. Skipped cardio did straight out STR training.
  • InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hope you are going to get some rest now!
  • ShawtyHotPink
    Options
    rest now!