White kidney bean extract may be working

Options
basschick
basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
For about a month now I've been taking white kidney bean extract capsules, AKA "Phase 2" starch neutralizer right before I have a high carb meal (about 2-3 times per week) and I think it may be making a difference. I had been stuck in a rut and a week after starting to take the capsules, I lost 2 pounds and then another pound the following week. Also, the stubborn belly fat that I can never seem to get rid of no matter how thin I get, seems to be slowly going away. The capsules did make me a little gassy at first, but now I don't notice any side effects. This supplement has been recommended by Dr. Oz and nutritional expert JJ Virgin. Anyone have similar success with white kidney bean extract? It's too early for me to tell if this is a fluke or if this stuff is really working.

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    No, but this might be worth a try. Thank you for posting.
  • inafit16177
    Options
    bump
  • agent300
    agent300 Posts: 73
    Options
    do you plan on taking these for the rest of your life?? taking carb blockers and similar diet pills puts your body into a state of turmoil, as it has to change the way it responds to the food you intake. When you eventually stop taking white kidney bean extract, the body no longer has the proper mechanisms it had before to break down carbohydrates, thus facilitating more weight gain.
  • shootoutx3
    shootoutx3 Posts: 24
    Options
    I need to look into this..because I love me some carbs lol
    Where did you find it?
  • basschick
    Options
    do you plan on taking these for the rest of your life?? taking carb blockers and similar diet pills puts your body into a state of turmoil, as it has to change the way it responds to the food you intake. When you eventually stop taking white kidney bean extract, the body no longer has the proper mechanisms it had before to break down carbohydrates, thus facilitating more weight gain.

If I find they really do work, then yes I could take these for the rest of my life, like the other supplements I already take and probably will for the rest of my life like a multi-vitamin with ginseng and gingko, green tea extract, and a calcium supplement. I only take Phase 2 two or three times a week, as I generally eat healthfully and sensibly but sometimes you just need to splurge a little. There are no harmful ingredients like ephedra and it's totally safe.
  • basschick
    Options
    I need to look into this..because I love me some carbs lol
    Where did you find it?

They sell white kidney bean extract under several different brand names at GNC and The Vitamin Shoppe. I bought the capsules with just the Phase 2 extract, but they also sell Phase 2 capsules that are more like "diet pills" that contain additional ingredients like Hoodia, chromium, green extract, etc.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do work, assuming you get what the label says. Kidney bean extracts contain Alpha Amylase inhibitors which block the absorption of carbohydrates. It is not recommended for anyone whose medical conditions or medications lower blood sugar. Long term safety has *not* been evaluated.

Oh, and white kidney beans are often known as navy beans.
  • 40tmw
    40tmw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started this extract this week. I read a lot about it and from what I can tell, if you eat healthy, you won't be as gassy. It isn't a license to down a bag of chips! :wink: I hope it help my body to tap into my stored fat for energy versus burning my intake, that way I can lose the stored fat faster. Then, by eating healthy I balance out those carbs. Forever or not, I am willing to try it! Anxious to keep reading of people's experiences!
  • Gigee_Carter
    Gigee_Carter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good discussion, thank you all.. GG
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes or shortcuts.
    It is as simple as eating at a reasonable deficit and exercise.
    This is how this site works!
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    NO. NO. NO.

There is no magic pill. Hard work and log your damned food.
    That's it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Funny that the label on the kidney bean extract, (and every other weight loss pill) says the same thing about proper diet and exercise.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Ball cat may be floating....
    tumblr_lzi4kuG1zh1r9gy2lo1_500.gif
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    surly_onepanel_fart.gif
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Is this the newest snake oil, then?
  • ShannonS921
    Options

Get out of here with your damn logic, Cliff!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Strong thread resurrection
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Dr. OZ:

http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~policylab/2013/06/14/pulling-back-the-curtain-on-dr-oz/

"Have you bowed down before the great and powerful Oz? No, I’m not referring to the fictional wizard from Dorothy’s magical land. I’m talking about mass-marketed medical guru and Oprah protégé, Dr. Oz. And while he may be powerful, the scientific community is not convinced that his recommendations are all that great."
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is this the newest snake oil, then?

It appears to be a very old snake oil.