Successful 30DS'rs How did you you do it?

Options
I was curious on how you got to be successful in 30DS. Did you JUST do 30DS or did you incorporate other exercises? Did you take breaks, or work all the way through? I'm really curious to hear what ways you successful people have done it. :)

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wondering as well..
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    It would be great to know. So many people who start on the 30DS have so many ideas of how it should be done. I want to hear from people who have done it and what they did and what their results were.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    I always do something else with it. One day, I walk, the next I'll do weights/pilates/yoga, and back to walking/jogging the next day. Only on day 11 though.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 5 of Level 3 today. I've been doing it Monday-Friday with weekends for rest. I either walk or do Wii Fit along with it. I've lost a bunch of inches so far and lost 4lbs while doing it.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Good to know. Seems like people have lost inches more than lbs throughout it
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 13, so that's Day 3 of Level 2. I only skipped one day as my family was in town. One day I walked six miles with friends, and today I rode my stationary bike for a half hour afterward to make up for going to a friend's house for dinner, and tomorrow I plan to use the elliptical for a half hour afterward to plan ahead for a night out. I do a few minutes of yoga afterward sometimes, too.
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I bought the 30 Day Shred intending to follow every single direction Jillian gave me, but after 12 days I injured my ankle and had to take a break. A few days later I got back at it, but instead of using the video I am currently doing all the level 1 exercises by myself with more reps to "up" the challenge factor (level 2 was too high impact for me).

I do all of the ab exercises from the shred daily, typically 325 sit ups/side crunches/reverse crunches total. I do not have a job, so I am very dedicated to my exercise regimen... And so far, I have lost 6 pounds and 9 inches in the last month doing this. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :)

I also swim and go on runs frequently and I am on a strict clean diet. Hope I helped!
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I just finished Day 13, so that's Day 3 of Level 2. I only skipped one day as my family was in town. One day I walked six miles with friends, and today I rode my stationary bike for a half hour afterward to make up for going to a friend's house for dinner, and tomorrow I plan to use the elliptical for a half hour afterward to plan ahead for a night out. I do a few minutes of yoga afterward sometimes, too.

Okay, so that's what your doing, but has it been successful in inches lost weight lost?
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I bought the 30 Day Shred intending to follow every single direction Jillian gave me, but after 12 days I injured my ankle and had to take a break. A few days later I got back at it, but instead of using the video I am currently doing all the level 1 exercises by myself with more reps to "up" the challenge factor (level 2 was too high impact for me).

I do all of the ab exercises from the shred daily, typically 325 sit ups/side crunches/reverse crunches total. I do not have a job, so I am very dedicated to my exercise regimen... And so far, I have lost 6 pounds and 9 inches in the last month doing this. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! :)

I also swim and go on runs frequently and I am on a strict clean diet. Hope I helped!

Yes, it does, and thank you for the success that you put in there, great job! :)
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I finished Day 5 of Level 3 today. I've been doing it Monday-Friday with weekends for rest. I either walk or do Wii Fit along with it. I've lost a bunch of inches so far and lost 4lbs while doing it.

That's awesome. I've been afraid of doing to much, but I still feel the desire to go out and walk and do other stuff. So I think I will!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 11 and I do a cardio workout in the morning, and then do 30 day shred later on in the day. I take Sundays off
    Oh and i lost 3.8 pounds and inches off of it too!
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    Definitely lose more inches on it. I've lost 3 inches from my waist already. Haven't really lost weight, though. Actually gained a couple of lbs until I took a break (first rest day in three weeks), and dropped down a few lbs.
  • icklecyberfairy
    icklecyberfairy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Definitely lose more inches on it. I've lost 3 inches from my waist already. Haven't really lost weight, though. Actually gained a couple of lbs until I took a break (first rest day in three weeks), and dropped down a few lbs.

I am glad you said this because I am on Day 6 and I have gained 1kg. I'm hoping it is from water retention. My thighs feel really swollen from it.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done 30ds twice and rin30 once. I did it every single day, counted cals. The 1st time i did it, i did the dvd plus 30 min cardio ( elliptical or treadmill before). The results i had were small, no lbs and a few inches. The next time i did 30ds i did it every single day again but no other exercises but i did 2 levels 4 times a week and 1 level the other days. still no lbs but a few small inches off again. nothing to be excited about. Then i moved onto rin30 as i figured i wasn't going to get any better results with 30ds.... i loved rin30. but the same, only a few small inches off and 2 lbs, that was it. On all of them i gained 3-4 lbs in the 2st week and then it slowly came off....
  • GroovyFoxyLove
    Options
    As far as full blown workouts go, I have only been doing 30 DS. I do it twice a day for 6 days a week. I started on July 2nd and felt I needed to push myself so went on to level 2 a few days ago. I have lost a few lbs with it already and I lost 6 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my hips and 2 inches off my arms. Body fat percentage has gone down by a few numbers. Doing this is not easy but I do it anyway. I feel good once it's all over each day..I love how it's helped me a lot so far.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did it everyday for 30 days, lost like 6ish pounds but I lost a lot of inches been thinking of doing it again....I liked it a lot.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    I did the 30ds last month. It took about 34 days because of an injury.

I only did the shred. Here are my results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/666526-finished-the-30ds
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month and a half to do 30DS and during that time I didn't do much else. It was a great way to jumpstart my exercise regimen and since then I've gotten so much stronger and lost a couple pounds (it's very tough for me to lose weight, as I cannot bring myself to eat under 1400 and my TDEE is probably around 1500-1700). After 30DS I moved onto Ripped in 30 but for some reason I just love 30DS so much more. It's been almost three months and I'm still not done with RI30!! That said, I now do a much wider variety of workouts, all of which I have 30DS to thank! Without Jillian, I never would've been able to persevere through these last five months :happy:
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I did the 30ds last month. It took about 34 days because of an injury.

I only did the shred. Here are my results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/666526-finished-the-30ds

I've seen your results on this, it's really amazing! it's surprising that you've only lost 5 lbs, it looks like a lot more, but I guess a lot of it is probably going to muscle weight. :)
  • mrs_french
    mrs_french Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 4, level 2. i do the entire workout in one session. i do it everyday except on tuesdays - my schedule is really busy that day. i also try to do some other form of exercise at least 3 times a week - usually walk the dog, but sometimes i jog. i eat the same way i did before - lots of salads, lean meant, fruits, and veggies.

in just 2 weeks i have lost 3 inches and 2 lbs. i lost 1/2 inch on both arms, an inch off my hips, and 1/2 inch on both thighs. although i haven't lost any on my waist, it looks way, way more toned.

best of all, my clothes are fitting great! :) good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!