Fitness and Fat Loss Questions

Options
My job requires me to be extremely fit. Therefore, I need to build muscle/make them more efficient and lose fat (I am currently overfat/weight) while increasing my cardiovascular fitness. I injured myself a few months ago and so have been taking time off from exercise until fully healed, which I more or less am now.

However, I am in recovery for an eating disorder and so I cannot count calories or restrict the types of food I eat. I also cannot do intensive running programs, which is how I used to keep my cardiovascular fitness up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it helps, I'm female and 20.

Replies

• Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!! Welcome to MFP! What about power 90 or p90x for weight lifting?? Im a beachbody coach so i can get you some extra info about beachbody programs. Send me a message :) I also have a ladies only support group on fb if you'd like to join. We would love to have you!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    My job requires me to be extremely fit. Therefore, I need to build muscle/make them more efficient and lose fat (I am currently overfat/weight) while increasing my cardiovascular fitness. I injured myself a few months ago and so have been taking time off from exercise until fully healed, which I more or less am now.

However, I am in recovery for an eating disorder and so I cannot count calories or restrict the types of food I eat. I also cannot do intensive running programs, which is how I used to keep my cardiovascular fitness up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If it helps, I'm female and 20.

How tall are you?
    Weight?
  • xixiv
    xixiv Posts: 4
    Options
    Actually, I never thought of doing one of those programs so that seems like a good idea. I don't use fb so unfortunately can't join the group, but I will message you in a second. Thank you!

I'm 5'3" and somewhere between 145-150lbs. I'm not too sure as I try not to weigh myself.
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you need low impact cardio, not much beats swimming in efficacy. Even the military, well USN, uses swimming as a measure of cardiovascular fitness.