Looking for Friends with 50+ to Lose

Options

Replies

• MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Have been with MFP about 4.5 months so far and find it to be amazing! I have lost almost 50 lbs so far. I still have about 80 to lose to get to my initial goal set here which is 200, though ultimately I would like to be somewhere between 150-180. I can figure that out later when I get closer to my goal and see how I feel in my body.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Lastly, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary.
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 50, but more like 60. Anyone feel free to add me i need all the support i can get, plus i'm a great motivator.
  • chaverland77
    chaverland77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My journey has been a long lived one:sad: I actually started trying to loose weight in November of this past year. I woke up oneday and realized that I was turning into my mother..lol! My whole family has weight problems....And I mean all us girls after we have babies forget about ever looking good again! lol. I started at 209 in November and I am currently 175.6. My ultimate goal is 140. I am a small frame of only 4 ft 11in so I if I don't change my life style I am doomed. I could really use the motovation from others like us who need someone to encourage s when we eake up in the mornng and step on the scale and it reflects and outstounding 2 pound gain in just 1 day...lol..Add me..overall I want to loose a total of almost 70 pounds! I'm almost half way to my goal:bigsmile:
  • BerkshireGirl413
    BerkshireGirl413 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP also!!! I'm 27 and my goal is to loose 80lbs. Send a message with friend requests if you want someone to share support, recipes and tips.
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have over 50... feel free to add me!! I need all the support I can get :)
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing 174 lbs. Yeah, its embarassing because its more than my significant other weighs.
  • Tara7786
    Tara7786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 55 feel free to add me..... Anyone can I'm game for it the more support the better!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Nicole- if only because you have such a great name! I have more than 50 to lose- so will be around for a long time... :)

Regards,
    ~Nicole
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 80. I am doing it in little steps though. Feel free to add me!!
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    everyone can add me!!! lol, i have a warped sense of houmor tho hehehe
  • Permbaby
    Permbaby Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me. The more the merrier and all that good stuff.
  • ladybird73
    ladybird73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I am new here - I used sparkpeople for ages but their app doesn't have a bar code scanner so I'm changing my allegiance (gasp! i feel so disloyal!).

My son Ari is 7 months old. I was already 20 kgs overwieght when I got preggers - I need to lose 25kgs (55lbs) in total. eeep it sounds so impossible.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I'm here with 70+ to lose! Add me if you want :)
  • msmary1213
    msmary1213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to lost over 100 lbs. I have always tried to lose weight for other people, but I have been unsuccessful. I am finally determined to do this for me, so that I can be happy. Looking for friends for support. I am here for you if you need me also for support, and I wish everyone the best.
  • trm1960
    trm1960 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 52 years old and only five feet tall... I need to lose about 60 pounds... I have tried weight watchers online, and did well for a while, but stress hit and I didn't stay with it, and was still paying money to a site I never used. I felt guilty for wasting money and also guilty for gaining instead of losing. Last year I tried to use the Livestrong, My Plate, which is good and also worked for a while, but again, major stress hit and I stopped and instead gained. I now weigh more than I ever have which is very unhealthy. A friend on facebook told me about this site, and I like that it links to my facebook, because then I have the added support of lots of my friends.
  • Pollux
    Pollux Posts: 42
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. :)
  • Ladyravenwyn
    Options
    Hello, I have have lost 33 lbs since starting myfitnesspal. The daily logging has helped me tremendously. I still have 106 to go to my goal so I guess I am humm, about a quarter of the way to my goal? I have gotten off track this past week, still logging as I think I need to be honest with myself. But I am ready to start fresh today again. Looking for support buddies, FYI I am 58.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have about 80lbs to lose please add me I need more motivation too.
  • shannonjamie
    Options
    I am just under ... 48 to lose but feel free to add me