Is it real this time?

Options
I have been trying to lose this baby weight for almost four years. I finally got motivated almost two years ago but never stuck with it. Everytime something happens or a miss a day I get lazy and a day turns into weeks or so. I keep thinking this time I will do it but never do. So, here I go again. The last 25 lbs is starring at me and I don't like it.

Replies

• loriguegel
    Options
    I totally understand. I would get this sudden urge of motivation and I'm at it for a few days or weeks, then all of a sudden the motivation disappears!! I weigh more now than what I did when I was 9months pregnant with my son, 6 years ago!!! It's time to rock and roll!!!!!!! We can't give up on ourselves, our kids need us to be happy and healthy!!!
  • longoriam
    Options
    Do it now! This is the first day of the rest of your life!:happy:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're living my life! I can SSSOOOOO relate to how you feel. I've been back at it for a few weeks now and have learned that the more accountable I am for sticking to proper nutrition and exercise the more successful I am. Just be very mindful of what you eat and if its your exercise day, don't make any excuses.

You can do it, and we're here to help you along the way!
  • mbowen
    mbowen Posts: 16
    Options
    Same situation for me. After my first child I worked out really extensively for 2 months. I got down 2 pants sizes and down to 115, but frustrated that I was not back to normal I gave up. Over the next 5 years I bumped that weight up to 125 and stayed that way until I became pregnant with my second child. After having my second child I weighed 150 and stayed that way way for a few months. I was not gonna stay this way! So for the last year and a half I have been working out 4 to 5 days a week trying to put in at least an hour of cardio a day. I am again at 115 and down to a size 5 pant size, but still have some fat to lose. It is a daily struggle to make myself workout, but once I begin my workout it is easy to keep going. It is easiest for me to try and workout at the same time each day and to have various different things to do. I have a treadmill and an elliptical and a few workout videos. You can do it! The hardest part is getting started. If you miss a day don't quit just pick up the next day. Also having the calorie counter is really nice. It is amazing how much calories are in our favorite foods. I think that has contributed tremendously to my weight loss. Instead of eating a whole sandwich for lunch I will eat a half of one. Or if I am gonna go to a restaurant I look on here for how many calories and decide before I leave what I can eat. Good luck to you! And if I can do it so can you!
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    I am the same way I just gained 10 lbs cause we moved and I avoided the gym for 2 mos and slacked off on my diet.. I was soo close to seing 160 lbs a goal I have longed to reach since before my daughter was born 7 yrs ago and now my son 18 mos ago I feel you.. I have decided to commit again to the gym starting with 30 min of cardio m-f and weights m w and f taking the weekends off .. after a week i will bump my cardio up 10 minutes each week till i get to 60 min what I have been doing is walking the treadmill at 15 percent incline at 3.3 mph it burns 375 calories in half an hr so I burn alot of cal in half the time.. it's tough but it works.. and I also plan to do my wii fit some nights it's fun and good excercise oh and I also allow myself one cheat day to eat something I want like mcdonalds or a candy bar.. Good Luck just stay focused and if u slack off one day think of it as a day of rest and make up for it the next day ...