hey everyone! already 3 pounds down!

Options
hey everyone, my names krystina i am new to this weight loss community hoping to find inspiration and support from all my fellow dieters, i started loosing weight before this, 6 days ago i weighed in at 201 .6 pounds, eek! that was the day i decided no more soda , no more fast food, and cut some calories! i am eating normally just smaller and healthier amounts , and tons of water like 90fl oz a day, and i am down to 198.4 i am so happy , my goal is 150 which is a healthy weight, i know loosing more than 2 pounds a week is said to be not healthy but i don't consider what i am doing as dieting , its not some weird fad or crash diet its a lifestyle change and the pounds are just falling off! incorporating some more excersise soon as well! hope to meet some fellow dieters! good luck to everyone!

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Say goodbye to the 200 club dear and hello to the 100s!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Slow and steady. :drinker:
  • Patg2728
    Patg2728 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    great job go you
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Feel free to add me if you like. I'm on almost every day. And, I'm not on a diet either - total lifestyle change.
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Great start, keep up the good work!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Great loss...way to go!!!! :)
  • fbernas
    fbernas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just be careful, you don't want to go into starvation mode.

I found this post:

Your body's got nothing to use in terms of food energy, so the body has to start breaking other things down for energy. When you're in starvation mode, your body slows down your metabolism to protect you. While you're starving, fat is one thing that can be burned and used for energy, but lean muscle mass gets broken down as well, and that brings your metabolism even lower. Your body thinks you're dying, so as soon as you start eating again your body turns the food into fat for long-term energy storage.
  • Mauchs
    Mauchs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!
  • kaster12
    kaster12 Posts: 2
    Options
    thank you guys! and i am being very careful, usually reach 1200 calories a day or around there, i just get so full so quick!