Armpit fat?

Options
Has anyone else gotten a weird type of armpit fat in the front of their armpit? I have absolutely no clue where it came from nor any clue how to get rid of it. Any help please?

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    well who wants skinny arm pits?
  • kaylynn1993
    Options
    haha. I just don't want the fat hanging out and I want to feel comfortable wearing a no sleeved dress
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It could be from wearing a bra that doesn't fit properly.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'd try a different bra - most likely yours is squishing the "fat" the wrong way instead of giving you great cleavage.
  • JackieLivingHealthy
    JackieLivingHealthy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Girl, I thought I was the only one who worried about "armpit chub"...LOL...I don't know how to get rid of it either! I've been doing alot of resistance/weight training on my arms, but it hasn't helped too much. I have, however, noticed that certain bras can make it worse. Try a different bra & see if that helps. I feel your pain, sister!
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    That's pretty much normal for almost all women. If you really wanna work to get rid of it, lift weights. Chest exercises, I think, would be your best bet, but why not go all out and add weight training to your workout regimen. I've been doing weights for almost 3 months now and the difference I'm seeing is amazing :)
  • Amyfoxyouup
    Options
    I have it too! I want to say it can be helped by pectoral excercises, but I'm not sure.
  • kaylynn1993
    Options
    I never thought of it being the wrong bra. I will definitely try it! Thanks, girls!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have that sometimes when I wear tube tops...I hate it.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I think if you really want to get rid of it, or any fat on your body, it's got to be done through diet. Much like everyone says "abs are made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen," you can build up muscle all you want, but if you're not eating the right foods, there will always be a layer of fat over it. I think the only thing you can do is keep losing weight, or if you're happy with where you are weight-wise, then try toning up more. Even on some skinny people, though, I'm not sure if it ever goes completely away (it should at least mostly go away though). But yes, I agree with the other posters too, you might need a new bra :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten a weird type of armpit fat in the front of their armpit? I have absolutely no clue where it came from nor any clue how to get rid of it. Any help please?

Chest fly with dumb bells -- like as heavy as you can go.

I also have that weird armpit fat -- and while you can't spot reduce fat, I've found chest flies with heavier weights really has helped the appearance of mine.

Good luck!

PS see that shrug I'm wearing in my profile picture -- ALL because of arm pit fat.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    if it is the bra smooshing your girls, there are certain inexpensive-ish bras at walmart that are called "side shaper" from curvation / vassarette. there is also a style to reduce back fat, the kind that hangs over the back of the bra, it has a wider band.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything on purpose to get rid of it, but I had it pretty bad my whole life, growing up. Even though I'm down 60+ lbs, I'm still heavier now than when I was younger and I don't have it anymore. My guess is it went away due to the weight training? It seems to be reshaping my body in awesome ways, even though I still have weight to lose.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    One thing I've been doing and so far it's working is that I have a pair of 5lbs weights and I'll hold them at my sides and then raise them above my head in the same kind of motion you'd do if you were doing jumping jacks. Kind of a big circle. I do this every other day until my arms literally can't do anymore. So far the pudge is going nicely.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd been thinking about posting just this topic!

I didn't because I thought everyone would just say that you can't target a specific area for fatloss, it's all to do with losing weight, etc etc.

Well I have about a litre of horrible fluidy fat wobbling about there - I'm a little overweight at present but it was just the same when I was at the lower end of the healthy section on the BMI scale. Also whether I did gym work, or not. I got properly measured for bras, but It hasn't helped with the side boob issue - obviously it would go if I lost a lot of weight, but it would take me down to an unhealthy level, not really what I want...
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've had that my whole life! It's definitely not my bra (in my case, anyway) because it's there when I'm not wearing one, too. Since I've lost weight, on one side, it's totally gone and the other is still there. WTF?? So I look kind of lopsided now.. but gives me hope that the other will go away some day! Like others have said, you can't spot reduce and calorie deficit is the only way to lose fat but lifting heaving is a great way to help!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'd try a different bra - most likely yours is squishing the "fat" the wrong way instead of giving you great cleavage.

This. I still have a little fat and excess skin left over from the "side boobs" of a year and a half ago, which my bra can either smooth out and hide or bunch up so that it hangs over, depending on how it fits. Same with swimsuits.
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Push ups. I had a little chub there, too, but push ups have really helped. Definitely a noticable difference.
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i had a lot of armpit fat when my weight ballooned...but when i lost it i just ended up with ugly loose skin under my arms....damage done....so i cover up and learned to like looking at myself in the mirror covered up....