30 Day Shred

Options
How has it worked for everyone? Have you seen a big difference?
I'm thinking about doing Level 1 twice a day on weekends, and once a day on weekdays. Do you think that's too much?

Replies

• julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted a question like this, here was my response: I'm on Day 8 of the 30 day shred and here's what I did today...

30 DS Level one, then Jillian Michaels Fat Burning Metabolism Burner Circuits, 1 & 2 & 3. They can be found on Youtube, each circuit around 6 minutes.

I've worked my way up over the past 8 days. For the first 5 days I did the 30 DS alone, and since my stamina is increasing, I've been adding an extra circuit each day! Don't push yourself too hard too fast...I wanted to do another circuit today (4) but decided to wait and let my body adjust for a bit. Too much too soon is not a good thing. have fun!!!

...There are tons of threads with before/after pictures. Search for them, you'll find a ton of inspiration. Good luck!
  • ckuszmaul
    ckuszmaul Posts: 1
    Options
    I just got this and am so excited to start. I want to make sure I don't hurt myself so I have been putting off starting until I can walk for 30mins without getting extremely tired.

Let me know how you do... I will try and let you know what think once I start :)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've been doing parts of level 1 for a while. I want to get myself to do the whole 25 minutes without stopping before I actually start doing the full 30 day stretch of it. Right now, I'm up to 15 minutes without stopping. I do that as well as ride a stationary bike 15 minutes a day, I go for walks too. It's only been maybe a week of doing all 3, and i'm starting to get less winded and my muscles less sore when I do workout. I haven't weighed myself or anything yet, but I feel better.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of 30 Day Shred and the first few days I was very sore and couldn't imagine doing any other workout. Now that I have a few days under my belt, I think it could be possible to do an additional workout. I am sure you will know right away if it's possible as soon as you start. :)
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I stopped it because I worked out the days wrong i thought I would finish the whole course by the time I went away in june but I was actually way out so I haven't got back into it since getting back, but now I'm on C25K and since I'm getting used to it ok I'm introducing 30ds on alternate days to the C25K which I'm thinking is going to be pretty hard work but hey no pain no gain!
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I got the 30DS a few weeks ago and did 4 days in a row..... day 1/2/3 felt like I was gonna die, my legs were in so much pain I could hardly walk. Now I do it every other day to fit it in with my life but I do level 1 and level 2 straight after one another and omg I am worked to death. I find level 1 on its own too easy now after my 10 days hence doing this and feel taht doing the two levels together makes up for the missed day inbetween. I hope in a few days I'll be able to move onto level 3.

My stomach is loads better and my legs are way more toned. My arms have got stronger as I can now do push ups and I can also do full sit ups instead of just the small lady ones

Good Luck :) xx
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I started on 7/1. Depressingly the scale has remained obstinately stagnant, but I have noticed positive changes - I am losing inches, my arms are more defined, and my upper abs are more defined, to the point where my husband even noticed it. Considering I've been eating at a deficet and should have lost 2-3lbs just from my diet alone, the scale not moving is a bummer but I do like the program. It's killer.
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS for the second time. The first time I was so excited about exercising and losing weight that I ended up pushing myself too hard and sprained my ankle...and gained 10lbs! So here I am starting over again. I'm currently on day 3. Right now, I'm thinking I am going to do 30DS Mon, Wed, Fri. But on Tues and Thurs I walk 1 mile. And I also started a Couch to 5k program which I do Mon Wed and Fri as well. I'm sure you can do other exercises, like myself and many others do, just try to switch them up a bit. And listen to your body. Some sore is good, but pushing too much can have serious consequences.

And just FYI, the first time I started 30DS I did notice signifacant changes...and so did my husband. I was getting toner, losing a couple lbs here and there, had more energy and was feeling really good over all. So I am very excited to get started again.

Good luck, and feel free to add me for some friendly support with the 30DS...and anything else =)

Cait
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've been doing parts of level 1 for a while. I want to get myself to do the whole 25 minutes without stopping before I actually start doing the full 30 day stretch of it. Right now, I'm up to 15 minutes without stopping. I do that as well as ride a stationary bike 15 minutes a day, I go for walks too. It's only been maybe a week of doing all 3, and i'm starting to get less winded and my muscles less sore when I do workout. I haven't weighed myself or anything yet, but I feel better.

Great job! No harm in waiting until you're ready. :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I started on 7/1. Depressingly the scale has remained obstinately stagnant, but I have noticed positive changes - I am losing inches, my arms are more defined, and my upper abs are more defined, to the point where my husband even noticed it. Considering I've been eating at a deficet and should have lost 2-3lbs just from my diet alone, the scale not moving is a bummer but I do like the program. It's killer.

A good point people have brought up to me before is maybe you're building muscle. The program not only helps you shed inches but builds lean muscle!
  • LittleMissJDS
    Options
    Just started SHRED this morning and I have to be honest, I have read a lot on this site and others... I would not add any additional exercises until you know how you are going to feel. If you are an active, fit person- go ahead but I can tell you, I did 98% of level one at 10 am morning and can feel my thighs at 3pm! As you can see, there are many people who start and have to stop due to soreness and intensity.

I would also say that if you are hoping to lose weight with the Shred, I would wait until week 2 to start doing other things. If you are not active, this program is going to jolt your body (sore muscles) and could lead to some water retention at first. Water means frustration on the scale. I think adding more exercise might make it worse.

One thing at a time.
    One day at at time :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

A good point people have brought up to me before is maybe you're building muscle. The program not only helps you shed inches but builds lean muscle!

I am eating at a deficit so that isn't possible, but I wish! I know my muscles are getting stronger, but sadly I doubt I'm building new muscle.
  • BC_Babe
    BC_Babe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm gonna start 30 DS tomorrow. I've watched all 3 levels and I'm so excited to build my strength and stamina. My plan is to do 2 30 day set in a row :o)
  • 100lbstoloosefemale
    100lbstoloosefemale Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    k so theres a ripped in 30, and 30 day shred, what the heck is the difference
  • 100lbstoloosefemale
    100lbstoloosefemale Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thats funny, caus i did 30 day shread acouple of times, not sure which level and i pulled a muscle in my leg
  • kbrajevich
    Options
    I don't think that it's too much to double up on weekends. However, rather than doing the same workout twice a day during your double days, I think it would be better to try another one of her videos. Ripped in 30 is a little more intense but it's another great program. However, the most important thing is that you don't push yourself too hard, too fast. Like someone else mentioned, start with just adding one extra circuit and build up from there :)

I didn't lose many pounds doing my first run through but I lost lots of inches. I'm currently halfway through my second round of 30DS since I love it so much but I'm going to be moving on to her other videos after I finish my second run.

I don't know how to post pictures here, but here's a link to my blog post with my results. It doesn't look like a lot, but it sure feels like it.
    http://justrudeandginger.tumblr.com/post/26323469049/
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    You'll get results using 30DS but depending on the results you want, you will do a couple months of it. When I first began, I couldn't do anything else along with 30DS because my muscles were SO sore! After two weeks, I'm doing 30DS plus Power90 and walking/jogging each day. I burn an insane amount of calories and I love it!
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do 30ds on days I don' t have martial arts class when I'm not sore. It depends on what we did in martial arts if I'm sore or not, but if the soreness isn't awful I'll go ahead and get a session or 2 of 30ds in on my days off. This is something I have just started though so no real results yet.
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options

I started a week before you and i'm dealing with the same stuff. I like the workouts because they are making me toned and stronger. I've lost a lot of inches on my tummy, which is where I carry all my weight. But on the scale, I've only lost .5 of a pound. I still think it's a great workout though.