Who else is on 1200 calories per day?

Options
Its definitely working and it seems enough food (just!) but I find it hard to fit in the odd treat and I really don't want to deprive myself too much as that's when I give up and binge.

Finding three meal a day which are low enough calories but filling is proving difficult and boring....

Need inspiration please!

Btw, I am in England so looking for something I can get easily over here.

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do 1200. I generally try to fill up on veggies because they are so low in calories which gives me plenty of room for a treat here and there. You can look at my diary (just not todays ... went to a birthday party/BBQ).
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    ME!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i end up eating about that much, but i do low carb
  • tereced
    tereced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 cals. Really tough but its rewarding when i finish a day and find i am under my daily goal
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am, as well. If I want to eat a little more, I exercise so I can eat back some of those burned calories.
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So am I but it is sooo hard to get all of my protein and a snack in without going over. I'm not one to fill up on stuff I dont like so I can have the snack I want, so I have to jump on my gazelle quite a few times a day to burn calories. And help me if I have a drink, that really messes with the numbers.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Homemade soups are filling and pretty low calorie. You can make an endless variety.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I suggest upping your calories a little. The loss will be slower but you won't damage your metabolism. To be honest, I did this whole weight loss thing a year ago, lost probably 13 or so pounds, but that was never enough for me--so I kept going. I've been eating at net 1,200 or net 1,350 for a year now..and during the last 5 months, I've put all the weight back on (still eating that amount). My metabolism hates me, I've tried eating more, eating less, and nothing is really working. I work out a lot, so when it comes to actual food intake, I'm at like 1,500 or 1,600 for the day. When I don't eat my exercise cals back, I'm starving, and even when I do--I never feel satisfied.
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 (or try). I think it's easiest for breakfast to get around 250-300 cals for a meal. Healthy cereal or bread that's rich in fibre, sometimes with fruits or berries to sweeten it up keeps me full so I eat less bad stuff.
    Also drink water instead of juice or pop
    > useless, useless calories, but can be treats if you have calorie room left in your dinner. :)
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    I find it hard to fit in the odd treat and I really don't want to deprive myself too much as that's when I give up and binge.

If this is a problem then try adding in workouts if you haven't already. The added burn will allow you some more calories to use for a little snack here and there to help keep the cravings at bay.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am x3! A lunch or dinner idea that's extremely filling for me is:

Tuna Avocado Sandwich
    1/2 can of tuna in water (4 ounce can) ~ 50 calories
    1/2 ripe avocado ~ 150 calories
    Two slices of low cal bread ~ 90-100?

+ whatever spices and additions you'd like, I like sriracha or tabasco with some pepper~

Just smash up the avocado until it's like a paste and stir in the tuna, it's a better alternative to mayonnaise x3.

Give or take, it will be a little less or a little over 300 calories, but extremely filling @.@! Plus, drink lots of water with your meals, it will make you fuller faster ;3.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I try aiming for 300 calories for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and then have 100 calorie snacks three times throughout the day. Doesn't always happen though, so I do exercise to make up for larger meals.
  • lynn1643
    lynn1643 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 too and it is really hard sometimes, especially when I am around friends and family. Luckily I do love fruits, veggies, and healthy food but I do get cravings........I exercise a lot and am a preschool teacher but I am scared to use the exercise "calories". Sometimes I wonder if I would do better eating a little more and if I am hurting my metabolism. I am almonst 5'2 and 102 pounds.
  • stargrace
    stargrace Posts: 3
    Options
    I do around 1200 a day, and am surprised at how easy it is - eating *fresh* foods helps me the most, and really watching portion size. You can view my food diary for specific details, but loading up on fresh fruit and veggies, tuna, chicken (thigh is really high in protein) has allowed me a little room for treats. Of course you can't be 'good' 100% of the time, we're human after all, don't beat yourself up on the days that you may not make it! Just try again the next day.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I try to remain in the 1200's (but will vary that occasionally with a day in the 1300's and a day in the 1400s as a friend who is a dietitian said it's a good thing to do so your body doesn't get used to a certain calorie intake)...I break my meals up with bfast, a.m. snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, & an evening snack (I try not to snack after 7 tho), & eat a lot of veggies as they are filling :)
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 also and the final goal is to lose 100+ lbs. I don't personally eat the regular meals. I have coffee for breakfast because I'm not hungry in the morning. I'll have a light lunch unless I'm having an earlier dinner. And then in the evenings I'll have whatever calories I have left over, but only up to 1200. Usually I'll have a smoothie of fruits since it's summer here in the u.s. it works for me so that I don't go to bed hungry.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I was but then I started working out a lot more which is awesome since I get to eat 1500-1800 to net 1200. I snack mainly on apples, almonds or lean turkey on half a multi-grain English muffin.

Drinking a TON of water helps. Throw in some Crystal Light or just lemon juice and it's got some flavour to it which is nice.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Im also at 1200 calories its TOUGH to stick to. Really have to track every single thing to stay in that range. If i don't track i easily take in 1500-1900 calories. The strange thing is when i eat whatever i want i only go up about 5-10lbs and i struggle at the 1200 and am not losing the way i want. Still figuring it out.
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    So am I but it is sooo hard to get all of my protein and a snack in without going over. I'm not one to fill up on stuff I dont like so I can have the snack I want, so I have to jump on my gazelle quite a few times a day to burn calories. And help me if I have a drink, that really messes with the numbers.
    Have you tried any of the skinny drinks? I just bought on called Jordan's Skinny Mixes (it was the only one they had). It has 40 calories before you add the alcohol, about 100 after I add coconut rum. It is good!I was surprised. I am also trying to do 1200 which I usually succeed at. After today, I neededa drink and didn't care if I went over. Was glad to find this!
  • jedwardsau
    jedwardsau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am back on 1200 as well (after a hiatus in unemployment in the last month or so) - I pretty much avoid most carbs and sugars.

With the weather starting to get warmer here in Oz - I am now eating more salad. I also have a stash of "miracle noodles" - well the cheaper copies from Asian supermarkets anyway. As for chocolate, I have hot chocolate - and I tend to workout so I can have some.

You should be able to see my diary as well - but don't look at Friday! We went out to an American Style Diner in Sydney to celebrate some job wins.