Water water water... HELP

Options
Okay. Here's my downfall.. Water! It's so important but I struggle sooo much with it!
One week I'll be all about it and drink tons then the next week I can go all day without
It.. It's terrible!!! Any water slackers out there like me?!?! What do you do to get it down?!
Any suggestions would be fantastic ;-)

Y'all are great! Xo

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I try to drink carbonated water like pellegrino or perrier with lime...but I frequently just don't do it...If I don't drink water, I don't stress about it...doesn't seem to affect my fat loss.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always have a big bottle of water next to me. My bottle is a liter and a half, so I tell myself that I have to drink it by the end of the day. If I finish early and can refill, that's even better.
  • Gingeeee
    Gingeeee Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I have the worst time getting that much water down, but water is the most important part of losing weight. It relieves water tention and makes your skin look brilliant. The only way I can drink that much water is to add Milo to the water, its a flavor you put a few drops in your water bottle and it gives it a real nice flavor. They sell all kinds of flavors and you can carry it in your purse for wherever you go. I usually buy the 20oz. bottles of water and add the Milo, and try to drink at least three of them aday which is 60 oz of water and I think they reguire you to drink at least 64oz. That way if your at work or school you can just get a bottle of water and reach in your purse and put the flavoring in it right then. The Milo has to calories, or anything else in it. I do hope this helps. Send me a friend request please.
  • jasminemonique1
    Options
    I Have this same problem I try to drink dasani flavor waters to motivate me to drink more water. they are really good. Another things i do I drink from a measuring cup. I find that the measuring cup helps me keep a better track of my water consumption and also motivate me to drink atleast 8 cups a day if not more.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll try all those suggestions!! Love the measure cup idea as well!!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I use the flavor packets to vary the taste.

During the work week, I keep a couple 20 ounce bottles at my desk at all times. I aim to empty one an hour. I make myself take a sip as I do tasks. Open a drawing, take a sip. Finish a page of markups, take a sip. Send an email, take a sip.

Try to get in a routine of adding a sip to the tasks you already do. Over the course of a day all those sips add up?
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    I try to drink carbonated water like pellegrino or perrier with lime...but I frequently just don't do it...If I don't drink water, I don't stress about it...doesn't seem to affect my fat loss.

Water is very important my friend!
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I bought a big Tervis cup (24 oz) and I drink through a straw. I'm not sure why I think the straw is essential but I just don't get my water done out of a glass.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of lemon juice in the fridge at home and at work, and add it to my water so it has a bit of taste to it. During the week I keep a pitcher of water on my desk and since it's so handy I usually drink 1 pitcher in the morning and another one in the afternoon. (I do end up going to the bathroom a lot, which is a bit of a running joke in the office.)
  • Madalynne
    Madalynne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought a big Tervis cup (24 oz) and I drink through a straw. I'm not sure why I think the straw is essential but I just don't get my water done out of a glass.

Haha, I do the same thing! If I just have a glass of water, I'll never drink it - but stick a straw in it, and I'll suck it down!
    I think that has to do with drinking it mindlessly, like I would for cokes.

I just carry my tervis cup with me everywhere, drink without thinking about it, fill it AS SOON as it's empty, and before you know it, I've had 96oz of water before dinnertime!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I drink when I am thirsty unless I am working out and sweating. But I don't consider myself a slacker. :)
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Keep your water with you through the day, and refill it as soon as it's empty, no excuses. Drink about 8 ounces or more before you eat something, and that will also help. Just gulp the stuff down!
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i'm a water slacker too... i have been here since june 30 and not once have i had all eight glasses of water in a day....probably never will but i try to have some....

it being summer...i'm more inclined to drink a few glasses if there are ice cubes in them since i like to bite them...but other than that...i would drink gingerale all day and not have a prayer as far as losing weight....sigh...
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My trainer says to wear rubber bands or bracelets on one hand for ever glass you want to drink. as you drink a glass you move the bracelets or band to the other hand. Having them on your wrist where you will see them is a good reminder.
  • kimsherk
    kimsherk Posts: 1
    Options
    I put a teabag in a nalgene bottle for some taste. You can do caffeinated or decaffinated.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    What do you drink or do you not drink? Almost everything you drink contributes to your daily water intake requirement. It is certainly better to drink pure water but tea, crystal light, Gatorade, coffee whatever counts also and you look pretty fit so your doing something right.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    What do you drink or do you not drink? Almost everything you drink contributes to your daily water intake requirement. It is certainly better to drink pure water but tea, crystal light, Gatorade, coffee whatever counts also and you look pretty fit so your doing something right.

Coffee every AM. ViSalus 2x's per day. A water bottle here or there. Minute Maid 15 calorie peach juice..
    These are the MAIN things I drink throughout the day :-)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of water at work which holds a liter. I refill that three sometimes four times a day. I started with just a liter and after a few weeks, I incorporated 2 liters. Couple weeks later, stepped up my game and currently doing 3. Another week and I'll probably be doing 4 with no problem. My goal is to always drink 2 liters before I go to lunch which is around 3pm. I can always easily do another liter after lunch.
  • Zsanese
    Zsanese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try some of the crystal lights, they are tasty and help get the water down, Walmart has their own brand, great value is the name and they have a blackberry grape that I drink every day. Make sure it's cold, it tastes better
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Add me to the TERVIS TUMBLER drinker. I fill it up all day long and add a slice or two of lemon. Now, some days I don't drink much but I get over it and double up the next time (never slack on a workout day, though...just some rest days when I am too busy doing something else).