Im stuffed and I have 500 cals to go! WTH??

Options
So I made a stir fry with brown rice, chicken and veggies, and the whole giant thing totaled out to be 370 calories and my lunch was lo cal, my snack was lo cal......I was so hungry for the stir fry, and now its sitting here, half eaten and Im SOOOO FULL! I cant even look at any more food.
How in the heck am I supposed to get 500 more calories in by the end of the day without night binging???(which Im famous for)

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    For me, if I have eaten well all week. Meaning at LEAST my 1200 + exercise cals, I don't eat when I am already full.

BUT...and this is a big but (teehee).....I have nuts or peanut butter ready and waiting if I get hungry at 8 or so. They are nutrient rich and dense in calories.

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I should have put cashews in it LOL.
    I always have this problem when I eat really clean. Guess I have to eat more for breakfast....BLECH!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. I feel the same way sometimes when I eat a lot of protein (like tonight). Just start over tomorrow and plan your day out so you will have enough cals for the day! :)
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If you are disciplined enough to average your calories out over a few days, a trainer suggested to me, instead of trying to get your calories right on every day, it's OK to be a bit short on calories (especially on days when you may have a lot of exercise calories to use up), and carry those calories over to days when your earned exercise calories are less. Your total calories for the week works out, and you avoid the day to day binge / starve cycle that trying to match your calories on heavy exercise / rest days can create.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't this ever happen to me?
    LOL
    Seriously I also agree with adding pb or a handful of nuts, regular string cheese or drink some cals (milk, make a smoothie with some whey protein etc)

Kim
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday! I still had 380 calories left by the end of the day and didn't know what to do! I was so afraid of 'snacking' because I was worried I'd 'unleash the beast' if I started, and not be able to stop! My counter was telling me I needed more carbs and fat, and I had no idea what to do with that.

Looking back, I probably could have had some whole grain crackers with almond butter or something. But when I'm put on the spot, I can never think of anything! I will keep that in mind for tonight. I have planned my meals for today and still have 275 calories left.....
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,683 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't this ever happen to me?
    LOL
    Seriously I also agree with adding pb or a handful of nuts, regular string cheese or drink some cals (milk, make a smoothie with some whey protein etc)

Kim
    It never happens to me either! :laugh:

Seriously, I enter everything in my exercise and food diaries, and then I have to cut a little here and a little here to get my calories down to my goal. Plus I always eat my exercise calories. It's not the primary reason for working out, but it's sure a nice bonus!

On that note, it's time for me to go do the workout I have entered, or else I'll have to cut back even more food. :tongue:

Jill
  • gympamela
    Options
    I made up some salmon last night and that is helping with the overall calories, but Im taking in way more protein than the thing says I should and not as many carbs as it says I should. Im not going to follow this to a t because I think I need more protein and less carbs than what it says.
    I bought a jar of natty PB too, and Im having that on my toast in the morning.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Did you know you can customer your protein and carbs by changing your diet profile under settings? It might help you track things easier if you don't think it is adjusted to meet your needs.
  • gympamela
    Options
    Oh, awesome! Thanks!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just realized I could alter my goal settings, as well! High protein & low carbs!!!

Keep up the great work!!!
  • gympamela
    Options
    How do you do it, I cant seem to find it.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Click the "My Home" tab, then click "Goals", then customize!!!
  • gympamela
    Options
    Got it!!! 50/30/20 here I come!
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've got you beat - I have 900 left... ugggh.

I am having a really hard time getting all y calories in because I am now on a gluten/dairy free diet. So most of my foods are non-processed, quality calories...

yes, I have taken the spoon to the peanut butter... yes, I have eaten tons of almonds... and yes, I have downed a glass of soy milk.

I'M FULL!!!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I never have a problem meeting my 1200 cal limit with a quickness. I have to plan my meals out for the day so I don't go too far over my daily limits.

I never have left over cals that i need to fill...I wish I had that problem. lol.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I never have this problem so I don't have the answer for you.

Nuts or good fat is the way to fill up those calorie....