Frustrated

Options

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Have you consulted your doctor? There are medical reasons (under-active Thyroid is one example) why some people don't lose weight.

yep... but it's still possible to lose weight with an under active thyroid.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 7 so nearly a foot taller than you. But 1,500 seems reasonable. Also, I do not eat when i am not hungry. That just seems counterproductive - to eat back those exercise calories.

It's not though, because your 1500 is NET.. not just in general. MFP is saying you should NET 1500 a day. So if you exercise and burn off 200, then eat 1700. It didn't make sense to me either at first, now I try to keep netting my 1300.
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Definately see your doctor and get a complete physical. I have heard that food sensitvities/alergies can wreak havok. I would also suggest double checking your portion control. I measure portions periodically to make sure I am not slipping
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Make protein about 30% of your cals per day.
    Make fat about 30% of your cals per day.
    If you work out eat more if you dont then chill.

A quick primer on how I lost my weight....
    >>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<
  • whamann1
    whamann1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating TOO FEW calories! You are working out daily so your body needs calories. Keep working on this. You will figure it out. Praying for you!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    How's your sodium and water intake? If you see a difference in the mirror but the numbers aren't budging, you may be retaining water. Get your 8 glasses a day and try to cut the salt.

Another possibility is that you are building muscle and burning fat, though this is very unlikely on a calorie deficit.

Personally, I'd say that if you feel better and look better, forget the numbers. Visiting your doctor is a great idea to make sure nothing's amiss, but honestly, your body is the best indicator of your progress.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To allow everyone to view you diary:
    - go to 'My Home' tab.
    - go to 'settings' tab.
    - under 'Diary Settings', see 'Diary Sharing'... Select 'public' for now. After you get the responses you need, may wart to change to 'friends only'.

Best of luck!
  • AllisonST
    AllisonST Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Diary is now open. :smile: I appreciate the helpful tone of all your feedback. I do have a food scale but haven't used it yet. Duh. :frown:
  • AllisonST
    Options
    My water intake is great. I don't always log it but drink water all day. I have cut out the diet soda too. Sodium? I never add salt and with limiting processed food really don't think that is an issue. Thanks.
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Definitely weigh and measure your food. Eyeballing it can make you go over your calories. Personally, I had about 3 weeks where I wasn't really losing weight and I upped my calories about 300 a day and it kick started be to losing weight. I am from the old school where less was better but this eating more seemed to make sense and work for me to get it going again. Theres a thread on here that talks about that. I think it's called www.eatmore2weighless.com. You might check it out.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Deli meat is something I have cut out of my diet completely....too much sodium and the nitrates, too.

You could try lowering your carbs...see if that helps. I am more concerned about carbs than I am the calories.

More veggies, as was suggested, and fresh protein like fish. You can do it. Weight loss is not an exact science. You have to tweak it to what works for you. :)
  • AllisonST
    Options
    Thank you, crochetlvr! what percentage of carbs do you recommend?
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that you could be double counting your exercise. If you tell MFP that you have a moderate level of activity, and you do a moderate level of activity, you don't need to log the exercise unless you do something unusual like run a marathon. If you like logging exercise, set your activity to sedentary, then log your exercise. You prob should be eating about 200 calories less.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Follow the MFP ranges for carbs, fats, and proteins. I usually stay a little under the carbs, and sometiimes higher on fats, almost always a little over on proteins. Following the ranges usually results in good nutritional balance.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To allow everyone to view you diary:
    - go to 'My Home' tab.
    - go to 'settings' tab.
    - under 'Diary Settings', see 'Diary Sharing'... Select 'public' for now. After you get the responses you need, may wart to change to 'friends only'.

Best of luck!
  • AllisonST
    Options
    Yes, I am set at sedentary, even though I am not. When I do "exercise" as opposed to walking arund, then I log it.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said. Use that food scale, its a great tool and can help you to be more accurate as far as your calories go.
  • irishcream4u2
    irishcream4u2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest that you consider adding a great deal more fresh produce to your daily intake. They are filled with lots of fiber and water that your body craves. My body loves me the best when at least 50% of my foods are veggies/fruits. I tend to more easily drop weight when I fill my days with "Rainbow Eats"--- the colorful eating of very fresh produce of every color of the rainbow. I love to shop the farmer's market all summer long.

Also, after reading many of your food diary entries, (thanks for opening them to us) you might consider eliminating the very calorie dense foods that are heavy in fats/sodium/preservatives. Dunkin' Donuts, Panera's, Etc. are roadblocks to your success. Because I have little will power around the influences of such eateries, I simply do NOT go to them. Might you consider banning them for a period of time, using them only as a reward for a small treat after dropping every 10 lbs?

Another thought to ponder is drastically reducing the "white" foods you eat.....potatoes, bread, chips, donuts, dairy, etc. And, consider switching to reduced/low/no-fat dairy products. I have gone to eating Greek yogurt, making it into veggie dips, spreads for sandwiches on whole grain breads.

One of the MOST helpful things I've done for myself is to commit to ONLY eating when I feel absolute true physical hunger and I must have tried to quench that hunger with lots of water for 30 minutes before I allow myself to eat anything. This gives me 30 minutes to consider what I might eat, how healthy my food choice will be for me, and how much I might serve myself. I can't begin to tell you what impact this has had on my eating habits.

I wish you the best as we share this journey together. I think it is fabulous that you can see that you look better and that you are sticking to you goal, in spite of not seeing the pounds disappear on the scale. Hang in there!!! :-)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am set at sedentary, even though I am not.

See...I am sedentary. Most of the time I am sitting unless I am doing chores or working out. So that's why I am at 1200 calories. If I go over that I exercise to burn the extra off.

I don't use percentages for carb count but you can use a formula. I am allowed 45 carbs max per meal but I dont even have that. I try to keep it as close to 100g a day as I can. I up my protein to compensate. I am losing an average of 2 pounds a week...not too much, not too few.
    011240 Posts: 1
    Options
    keep it up, you can do it, you may not have lost ounces but you have lost inches. so stay with it. I too have not lost but 2 pounds and I have been on this for almost one month. We can do it. dont give up .