Cellulite

Options
Hey everyone!
I wanted to know if it is possible to reduce and get rid of cellulite from thighs and buttocks by using treadmill for 60 minutes everyday at 2.2mph speed? I have thunder thighs and a lot of cellulite... I really would want to reduce cellulite and reduce inches from thighs.
Has anyone had any success with cellulite by using treadmill? If so, how long did it take you?
Please share your progress, would love to hear some 1st hand experience to motivate me.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the elliptical at 8 resistance for half an hour, plus exercise classes, and have noticed that my cellulite has diminished slightly.
  • fab_ridz
    fab_ridz Posts: 73
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been doing this for?
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Only a few weeks! I think cardio and targeting the legs works best for cellulite.
  • fab_ridz
    fab_ridz Posts: 73
    Options
    Thank you! =)
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    I had gained about 10 lbs. and a considerable amount of cellulite. I started running again (hardcore), but it did not seem to do the trick. I started tae bo and 30 DS and now I just have a few very small spots on my butt. I feel much better wearing shorts now. :)
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs workout last week. Am really hoping it will make mine go away!!
  • PeakToValley
    PeakToValley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Fab! As a guy who doesn't have cellulite and hardly ever posts, I'm not sure why I felt compelled to reply to your message, but I did. What you are really after is a leaner body. To get a leaner body, by far the most effective thing to do is change your eating habits. Yes, exercise will help, but targeting the muscles underneath the fat is not what's needed. Just think, for a guy with a beer belly, is he going to get rid of the belly by doing a lot of situps and ab work? No, he needs to change his diet and start exercising to help burn more calories and build some lean muscle mass. Number one is to change the diet.

I just read the Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. I found it to be both practical and inspirational. Her premise is that the leaner body you want is going to come 80% from your diet and 20% from your exercise. I've been running pretty seriously for about a year now, but I made some basic changes to my eating a few months ago as a result of this book and I really can see a difference. It's not just the running. And it's kind of fun to be able to eat more food than before (but better food) and watch the leaner body emerge!

Good luck to you!!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think stretching and yoga can help alot with cellulite. Massaging it helps. And squats do the trick. Try climbing stairs too.

Its ok. I have ridiculously huge thighs as well.
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options
    Lol to that first part. I do agree with this post though. I am also eating remarkably better. I think the combo of eating well and exercising helped to reduce the cellulite.
    Hi Fab! As a guy who doesn't have cellulite and hardly ever posts, I'm not sure why I felt compelled to reply to your message, but I did. What you are really after is a leaner body. To get a leaner body, by far the most effective thing to do is change your eating habits. Yes, exercise will help, but targeting the muscles underneath the fat is not what's needed. Just think, for a guy with a beer belly, is he going to get rid of the belly by doing a lot of situps and ab work? No, he needs to change his diet and start exercising to help burn more calories and build some lean muscle mass. Number one is to change the diet.