Fitness Plan To Lose Weight!

Options
Hey guys I'm 15, 5 foot 4 and about 9 stone and quite chubby with the proverbial man boobs!

Now I've joined an under 16 gym for the summer and starting next week will be going around 3-4 times a week.

I've been told to do HIIT, Starter strength to lose weight but I'm just confused.

Would you guys recommend me a fitness plan to help me lose weight please, and yes I am dieting/cutting out the calories etc!

Thanks!

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The best fitness for weight loss is anything that you will do consistently!! It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as you do it. Sometimes people set themselves a huge plan which is overwhelming and so basically sets you up to fail, try to have realistic goals, especially in the beginning. Once you have built up some fitness and have got exercise into your routine then it is easier to set bigger challenges.
    Go well!! You can do it!!
  • rlmo0
    rlmo0 Posts: 2
    Options
    The best fitness for weight loss is anything that you will do consistently!! It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as you do it. Sometimes people set themselves a huge plan which is overwhelming and so basically sets you up to fail, try to have realistic goals, especially in the beginning. Once you have built up some fitness and have got exercise into your routine then it is easier to set bigger challenges.
    Go well!! You can do it!!

I was thinking of doing some basic cardio combined with the HIIT people were telling me to do. So like 10 mins of moderate exercise on the treadmill to warm up etc - then 30 secs of high intensity, 1 min rest on a slow speed, 3 times. Then repeat that for the exercise bike and rowing machine?? Does that sound good!

And yeah I'd be doing it consistently because I have 8 weeks of holiday now, sitting at home will just make me go ape bored, so might aswell go to the gym and do something productive!
  • marsoe
    marsoe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    10x jump squats
    10x push ups
    20x squats
    30sec plank
    20x lunges (10x each leg)

Repeat, and change the numbers of reps as you need.

No equipment except your own body. Free, and accessible anywhere.