Flat irons ?

Options

Replies

• MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have an InStyler I love it it's amazing it leaves my hair straight and shiny and smooth with no frizzy ends what so ever. It is a little pricey but it is worth it!!!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    GAMA...it's a professional iron, so it's a bit on the pricey side, but I've had it for years, and have used it on clients, and myself, and it's still kicking. Good for flattening hair, and curling hair.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    So, this is not how to best grill or broil a flat iron steak?
    Oh well....:smokin:
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    GHDs are amazing
  • brittanymarie120
    Options
    i use a sedu- one of the FEW brands that work well with my hair type :)

the one i own now is a 1 1/2 inch iron, which works great for curling!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    _If you have the money..._

I use a Sultra. It's at Sephoras for an asinine price of $230 or so but OMG I LOVE MY HAIR EVERYDAY and it takes 10 MINUTES to style it.

I highly recommend it. The huge amount of money will save you money in the long run from buying other flat irons or wasting a huge amount of time in the bathroom!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    So, this is not how to best grill or broil a flat iron steak?
    Oh well....:smokin:

That is also what I thought. I am disappoint.
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a cheapy ($43.00) Conair "Hype Hair" Ceramic Ultra Hot and OMG! It really gets crazy hot! (You can adjust the temp though) It heats up super fast and I can get my hair done in like 10 minutes. :)
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use the GVP, which is the generic Chi from Sally's. It was $49, but since I ordered it online with my Sally's card I got $10.00 off. It works okay, but then I don't use it often.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I use GHDs. Have had mine since 2002 and they're still going strong!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I like my ION Smoothing Solutions. Durable, heats quickly, leaves my hair silky soft and straight up sexy.

wait wut
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    How often do you flat iron?

Do you like your curls/waves?

I flat iron my hair almost everyday. I know that isn't good to do. I normally set it to 400 degrees but I just tried it at 360 and it worked just as good if not better. I don't really like it curly because it always gets frizzy and it takes four hours to air dry. If I use a blow dryer on it it just gets huge and frizzy. I always use a heat protection spray so hopefully that helps.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I like my ION Smoothing Solutions. Durable, heats quickly, leaves my hair silky soft and straight up sexy.

wait wut

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

I flat iron my hair almost everyday. I know that isn't good to do. I normally set it to 400 degrees but I just tried it at 360 and it worked just as good if not better. I don't really like it curly because it always gets frizzy and it takes four hours to air dry. If I use a blow dryer on it it just gets huge and frizzy. I always use a heat protection spray so hopefully that helps.

Well if you flat iron your hair daily, no wonder it's frizzy! Heat DAMAGES hair, especially 400 degrees of it! Even 360 is too much. 320 is the absolute highest that is recommended.

I guarantee you that if you went on naturallycurly.com or longhaircommunity.com and learnt how to take care of your hair, you wouldn't have to worry about frizz so much.

I had frizzy damaged hair from mistreatment and too much heat. Now, about 87% heat free and natural and my hair is awesome :-)

By the way, you don't flat iron your hair while it's wet or damp, do you?
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options

wait wut

hahahhaa nice:laugh:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm poor and just have a Conair. No complaints though.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Well if you flat iron your hair daily, no wonder it's frizzy! Heat DAMAGES hair, especially 400 degrees of it! Even 360 is too much. 320 is the absolute highest that is recommended.

I guarantee you that if you went on naturallycurly.com or longhaircommunity.com and learnt how to take care of your hair, you wouldn't have to worry about frizz so much.

I had frizzy damaged hair from mistreatment and too much heat. Now, about 87% heat free and natural and my hair is awesome :-)

By the way, you don't flat iron your hair while it's wet or damp, do you?

I will look into those sites. No I never use a flat iron on it when its wet or damp.
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ordered insanity from beachbody.com?
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned this brand already but i use a babyliss straightener and blow dryer and love it.
    Its the same one i used in a salon when i was doing hair and the majority of fellow stylist also use babyliss, its pretty affordable too.