Anyone using Fitbit?

Options
Hi all, almost completed my first week using Fitbit in conjunction with MFP. The results so far have been excellent! I always wondered just how much distance, how many calories and just how active I was on a day to day basis, and now I know. If there is anyone on here using Fitbit, please add me as a friend and we can compare results. My screen name on Fitbit is Jammy.

Good luck!

Replies

• kelann1024
    kelann1024 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My fitbit says it's linked to MFP, but last night it didn't record anything....
  • shannonwex
    shannonwex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in using Fitbit too. Keep me posted...:drinker: :drinker:

24955422.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my FitBit!! Feel free to add me...My FitBit name is the same as on here...MsBaby117 :flowerforyou:
  • jps385
    jps385 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I think there are a few teething problems between Fitbit and MFP. I don't know how you do it, but I enter all my foods into MFP. When I do any training I simply press the button on the Fitbit for two seconds until the stopwatch starts. When I finish training I press the button again until the "STOP" and a flag appears. This will have logged all of your activity for that session and when you SYNC this with the website it should appear on your MFP "My Diary" section as "Fitbit calorie adjustment" with the number of calories that you have burned.

If your food isn't logging I would suggest that you re-check you've connected correctly. Check the "LOG" section, and then "FOOD" sub heading. This will show your meal summary broken down into Calories, Fat, Fiber, Carbs, Sodium and Protein.

Hope this helps!
  • Benisma1
    Benisma1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, it helps keep me going. I feel guilty when i don't reach 100 percent in my steps, stairs and activity points so it makes me get out and get moving before I turn in for the night. feel free to add me, my fitbit screen name is the same as here Benisma1.:smile:
  • gijane8871015
    Options
    I am loving my fitbit more and more every day! It makes me stay active and reach a new goal every day! I am currently working toward 12000 steps every day! Feels so good to get up and get going! :)
  • richiesidcup
    richiesidcup Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just got one today for my birthday, looking forward to using it .... but maybe not good results today
  • Aljn27
    Aljn27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want a fitbit too :) Hopefully i will get one in August or December :smile:
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Search groups, there is a fitbit user group on here with loads of helpful stuff on it! :)
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can force your fitbit to sync by inserting it into the docking station.

I had a problem one night where it wouldn't sync even with it in the station, used the reset button on the bottom of the station and everything synced normally.

I love this thing except for the weekends when I usually lay around and rest from the work week, I guess I need to get off my *kitten* and do something to keep up with my workdays, but damn I need the rest.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Waiting for mine to arrive! lol
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Waiting for mine to come in the mail....... JUST WANT IT ALREADY :frown:
  • cgqueen
    cgqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am, I LOVE it....
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since last wednesday. I am really enjoying finding out how far I am walking during the day and how many calories I am burning. I cannot get mine to sync wirelessly though, I always have to put it on its docking station to get it to sync.

Lisa
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Love mine, but haven't figured out how to do the social thing yet. Still learning.
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    I just ordered one last night, and I can't wait to get it! :)
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    i am really interested in getting a Ftibit. Looking at ordering one for myself. How long does it take to arrive? I am leaving early Friday morning for Texas for a week and would love to have it before then.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. But i thought about getting one. Wasn't sure how it would work. It is easy to use?
  • FrancyChancy
    FrancyChancy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You check Best Buy on line and see if any store close to you has it in stock - I did that yesterday morning before the store opened, ordered it on line for same day store pick up and got an e-mail 10 minutes after the store opened that I could pick it up - can't get much faster than that - by the way - it's really east and quick to get started - good luck
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My husband has a Fitbit and loves it. I've been considering getting one as well. Thanks for the post, I've been wondering how well it works with MFP (he doesn't use MFP).