Sleep

Options
13»

Replies

• SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I rarely sleep more than 6 hours at a time, unless I'm sick. That's usually my husband's clue that I'm not feeling well- if I sleep late, even on the weekends, he always asks if I'm feeling okay because I'm nearly always up first. When I do happen to somehow manage 7-8 hours of sleep (when I'm NOT sick), I feel awful the next day- tired, sluggish, and foggy. I've pretty much quit saying I need to go to bed earlier, because 5-6 hours a night works for me, and I'm losing weight pretty steadily.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I get about 8 hours of sleep on average. Last week I only got 7 hours a night and I really felt it. I was tired and lacked energy. This week I went back to my 8 hours a night and it's made such a difference.
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    I recently upped my sleep from 6 hours to 8 and find the weight is dropping faster. I'm pleasantly surprised. :)
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 hours, but in reality probably get 6-7 hours.
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    I usually bank about five hours a night. But true story, in my case any way the more sleep I get, the less I weigh in the morning. It is a fact! Lol
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good sleep is one of the best things in the world. I treasure my sleep. I need it to function well. I sleep in a very dark room for 8 to 9 hours a night. It is so restful.

But when I am not at home I sleep in my car between my 14 hour shifts! The city I work in is 3hours away. Been sleeping in my car for 9 years!

lol there is no way I could sleep in my car! lol but then i just dont sleep well....now my boyfriend on the other hand sleeps like the dead .....anywhere lol I am sooooo envious!!
  • Mistyblu08
    Options
    I usually bank about five hours a night. But true story, in my case any way the more sleep I get, the less I weigh in the morning. It is a fact! Lol

why is that you think?? Less time??
  • Mistyblu08
    Options
    I recently upped my sleep from 6 hours to 8 and find the weight is dropping faster. I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

yes i have heard that so many times! Good for you!!! :smile:
  • Mistyblu08
    Options
    I'm lucky if I get 3-5 hours a night! I just can't seem to shut my brain off long enough to sleep! :ohwell:

yup me too---hate thinking so much....never used to have this problem....is it getting older you think?? I am 42 now and its just since I turned like 39 that I started noticing the problem....well other than when I was listening for my kids for the 20 years prior to that lol....I know my mom has the same issues with falling asleep and staying asleep....hereditary??
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    If I manage to wake up without choking on my own vomit (or worse, somebody else's) I consider my night a success.
  • Mistyblu08
    Options
    If I manage to wake up without choking on my own vomit (or worse, somebody else's) I consider my night a success.

ok lol not sure if thats a health thing or just one too many thing lol but good luck and take care:smile:
  • Sheilav330
    Sheilav330 Posts: 57
    Options
    I admit i don't sleep 7hr sometimes i sleep 5 hrs or just 2 hrs ...i don't know why it happens to me but i know is due to my hormone imbalance i get really anxious and doesn't let me sleep usually i drink sleepy time tea to sleep and it does help or warm milk with cinnamon just so i can relax a bit
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    normally between 6 and 8.. get up early weekdays to leave for work around 5am. I hate traffic!! Good thing is I haven't needed sleeping pills since I started working out regularly :smile:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing that adequate sleep is important but I am not, nor have I ever been a long sleeper. I get about 6 to 7 hours sleep per night. That's with consciously trying to get enough sleep :)
  • GAbutterfly82
    GAbutterfly82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't feel well-rested without at least 8 hrs of sleep, but I usually don't get that much. I'm not happy with my job right now so I tend to stay up too late dreading the next day. I also don't sleep well because my medication for OCD makes me very restless (in addition to the myriad other symptoms - but I'm crazy without it, so what can you do). On weekends, I can sleep about 9 hrs - any more leaves me feeling groggy the entire day.
  • maggie2731
    maggie2731 Posts: 51
    Options
    my daughter tells me i'm a chicken. i go to bed between 9 and 10 pm. and i get up around 7 am. however i hear everything that is going on around me. as a teeneger i used to sleep and not hear anything. as i became older, had kids, and more problems piled up, i may go to bed early but i dont rest. it's verry rare that i get that restfull night.