Scale....how often

Options
2»

Replies

• vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    every morning & every night but I can deal with the constant fluctuations. They don't bother me
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    I get on the scale everyday. Normally every morning around 10-11am is when im at my lowest.. So even if its a 0.2lb loss, I love to see it.. cause every lil tiny bit helps. Seeing the lil loss helps get me motivated.. If I see that I'm weighing in heavy that day then I know I need to kick it up a notch with my exercise and take a look at what im eating as I maybe ate something that is not helping my weightloss. I know lots of people say its not good to weigh in everyday cause it can be frustrating.. but for me it does the opposite. :)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    every 30 days
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturdays.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How often do you get on the scale????

Best advice that I can give you is to look in the mirror first, and worry about the scale no more than once a week. If you weight yourself everyday then it may discourage you to do better since the changes may be extremely incremental. The day before your weight in drink a lot of water to encourage your body to get rid of any retained water the following morning.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Everyday. That being said, your weight will fluctuate and if you are the type of person who will obsess about it, or feel bad about a 2lb gain, Id only do it once a week. Its not worth putting yourself through that.

Good luck in your journey!
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Once a month or so, when I remember, and it's not out of service. (Use the scale at the local boots chemist.)
  • AmyB_1992
    AmyB_1992 Posts: 32
    Options
    Once a week,every monday (:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I used to do it daily, glad those days are gone.

I wish I'd taken measurements as I can see these would have been more useful in monitoring progress.

Might hop on tomorrow after a couple of weeks gap.

My belt rules, if that says it's heading in the right direction it's good enough for me :)
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning right after I get out of bed.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    daily. unless there's some reason i can't.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Once every couple of weeks. I like to see big numbers, and I'm confident that I know what I'm doing, so I don't even own a scale. I weigh myself whenever I visit my parents. I have zero interest in weighing daily and seeing fractions of pounds lost or gained. That seems like a good way to make yourself crazy.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I had my digital scale rigged to the fridge door so it won't open unless you stepped on the scale, that was before I started MFP. Now my obsession shifted to watching my numbers on the mobile app.
  • keckelstafer
    Options
    Once a day for me. First thing in the morning after using the restroom of course, lol. Some say that is too often but it works perfect for me. Whether my weight is up or down from previous day, it gets me motivated for the day. I believe everyone has their own little plan and you just have to find what works for you and keeps your spirits and motivation going!
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    How often do you get on the scale????
    I get on the scale once a week.
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    My First weigh in is coming up. I'm doing it monthly! I'm excited!
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Everyday and I record any changes too! Was thinking of still weighing everyday but only recording once a week.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning, before breakfast, after toilet.
    :-D