Need to Lose Weightt FAST-HELP!

Options

Replies

• BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any "quick fix" for weight loss. I would say with hard work and dedication, you will lose some weight in that amount of time. Follow your plan here. Calories in and calories out. Watch what you are eating and keep yourself active!

Great advice and I agree!!!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?

I've lost 30 pounds in 30 days before but I was well over 300 pounds and it comes off a lot faster at first (at least in my experience) before leveling out to a couple of pounds a week.

^^ this. in my experience, the beginning stages are much quicker when there is more weight to lose. Losing that amount of weight in a very short time isn't healthy. Slow and steady hun. That's the way to do it. Even dropping 10-15lbs would be noticeable. Aim for that and if you lose more, awesome!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m48ezjLZck1rtwcs3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m380viu1rP1rty7oao1_500.jpg

Love it!!!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    How quickly you lose weight really depends on how much you have to lose. 30lbs in 50 days is a pretty big goal, especially if you're not obese. Don't let that discourage you, though! I bet even if you lose 10lbs in that time, people will still be amazed when you go back to school. You can keep losing through the fall and then you'll have winter break, and you could totally be at your ultimate goal weight when you go back to school in January!

Also, weight loss should be for YOU, not for anyone else. You should be doing this because you want to be healthy. If you're doing it for any other reason, you are more likely to give up. Your OWN happiness should be the priority to you. Losing weight won't magically fix all your problems!

That being said, there is no quick fix for losing weight. If you eat healthy, stay within your calorie goal, and exercise, the weight will come off! Don't believe any of those crazy diet myths like "don't eat after 7pm" or "stop eating carbs." Some of those quick fix solutions may work temporarily but as soon as you start eating normally again the weight will come back twice as fast. Please do this the healthy way, even if it's not as fast as you'd like.

Feel free to add me - I lost a little over 15 pounds, reached my goal weight, and I continue to try to lose fat and gain muscle to look and feel better every day!

ETA: And drink PLENTY of water! The week I started drinking more water, I dropped 3lbs. Water weight is annoying and totally easy to get rid of - just drink more!

100% agree!!!!!!!
  • nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    Options
    well maybe ill move my goal to 135.. 25 lbs thts about 3.5 lbs a week. not too unhealthy.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You know, a diet, or life style change takes time. It isn't something that happens over night. Why so quick though? Wouldn't you want to be HEALTHY?

Vs losing it the fast way and then gaining like...60 pounds back? Or worse 100?
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Follow the calorie guidelines that this site recommends for your weight and then try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week... There is no fast solution for this. It takes time. You have to be patient and consistent.

Do this!! You MIGHT have a shot at 20 pounds - but 15 would be more realistic and it would be the right way and you would have a better chance of keeping it off.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    well maybe ill move my goal to 135.. 25 lbs thts about 3.5 lbs a week. not too unhealthy.

I'm not saying that's impossible, but unfortunately still not very realistic. You may lose 3.5 pounds for the first couple of weeks because it usually comes off quicker in the beginning. But after that it will slow down. Healthy weight loss is about 1-2lbs a week, and 2lbs is generally for more overweight people. As you get closer to your goal I wouldn't expect to lose more than 1lb a week. I'm not trying to be discouraging, those are just the facts of it.
  • nursing23
    Options
    well im on my way to vacation. ima see how much i can lose here. biggest challenge.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    All snark aside, I wish you the best. In 50 days you can change many bad habits that will help you with your goal. Just take it easy, and don't stress too much about the numbers on the scale.
  • nursing23
    Options
    thank you
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

I've been working my *kitten* off since I reached 160, as my UGW is 135. It's been several weeks. I lose about .5 pound a week eating healthily (most of the time) and exercising regularly-including strength training and cardio.

Good luck with that.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    All snark aside, I wish you the best. In 50 days you can change many bad habits that will help you with your goal. Just take it easy, and don't stress too much about the numbers on the scale.

I completely agree! I hope none of my comments have come off as rude or discouraging. I just want you to be realistic with your goals because too many times I have seen people set unrealistic goals, then when they can't reach them they get discouraged and end up worse off than when they started! I really do wish you the best, and don't be too hard on yourself!
  • maylene1853
    Options
    i recommend insanity workout dvds by shaun t. i just started and lost 6 pounds in my first week
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Sorry...there are no "quick" healthy ways to lose weight. You can expect a 1-2 pound a week loss, so anywhere between 7-14 pounds within 50 days. It's taken me 5 months to lose 22, but I'm doing it the RIGHT way!
  • CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Start running! Seriously the weight just starts falling off and cut out "white refined" carbs.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    How to lose weight fast? Stop trying to lose weight fast.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Start running! Seriously the weight just starts falling off and cut out "white refined" carbs.

I have started both of these and I am still about 0.8-1 pound per week. I don't think that's how it works. Don't get me wrong, it's good for you! But don't expect miracles.
  • joelleevans
    Options
    i noticied bewteen my husband and i he was heavier and lost weight faster mine is taking for ever try jogging a few miles and fast walking seemed thats when it started comming off faster for me
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

I have started both of these and I am still about 0.8-1 pound per week. I don't think that's how it works. Don't get me wrong, it's good for you! But don't expect miracles.

This. I run/power walk intervals 4-5 miles 4-6 days a week, and I don't eat much white anything. I don't eat potatoes even. I eat moderate carbs (100-150 g a day, regularly), and when I eat carbs, it's fruits, whole grains, etc. No miraculous weight loss here. Just slow and steady. That's okay by me. Slow and steady wins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!