How often do you weigh in & record?

Options
So I feel like I don't always weigh in & record consistently. I do weigh in once a week but because of my schedule I can be a day or two off each week. I do check my weight every morning so I know basically what I will be each week but sometimes I will record every 5 days or sometimes up to 7 days.

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, but only record losses.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day now that i'm really close to my final goal. Lol but i dont record the losses till i see the same number for a week. Last six pounds are proving very difficult for me. :)
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I recored the loses too. Sometimes i will have two big losses in a week and I do recored
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a day and usually record if I pass .5 lbs loss from the previous entry. I don't bother recording .2 or .4 normally, unless it took more than a week to get there... I say weigh and record your weight whenever you want to. there's no law against it.
    oh and I only count the weights from the first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, naked. I weigh myself throughout the day just for the hell of it
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only record it on Saturdays (and I record whatever the number is, not just losses). I find it helpful to see the number daily just to get an idea of how day-to-day activities/behaviors/food choices affect my weight and recording only once a week helps me see the more general long-term trend.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I record everything - the ups and the downs. It's just a number, and it's true whether I record it or not so NOT recording it isn't changing anything.

But....I am not stressed by the natural fluctuations of my body day to day, during that time of the month, etc. If it stresses you, you may have to step away.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I only post to mfp weekly but I track daily. I have been trying to understand my body between female cycles and their symptoms and my weight cycle and how it reflects my food, exercise and cycles.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a *lot* but I'm trying to cut down on that! I only ever recorded on Tuesdays so no matter what I saw previous days, Tuesday's number was the one that counted.
    I haven't weighed myself in 2 days, must be some kind of personal record :laugh:
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record every Friday
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but the only day I record is Tues, regardless of what it is.

I also have learned not to record during TOM, it's a better strategy for my sanity!

:laugh:
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Every day and record it even if it's only .2 loss. I need to feel accountable to someone or something other than myself to stay on track.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, only record on Wednesdays and Saturdays, gain or loss.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. If I'm down 4oz or more, I record it. If I'm not, I don't. It's a game I play. Gives me minigoals all week to achieve because of the way weight fluctuates up and down.
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    I weigh in every Thursday and Saturday and I record the results loss or not.
  • burkblondie
    burkblondie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially every Tuesday, but I weigh myself everyday! I take measurements once a month!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every day... and record only losses, so sometimes its weeks before I record again, sometimes its a few days. It has to be at least .5 loss to be recorded .
  • maylene1853
    Options
    I weigh in daily, but only record losses.

i do this too...
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    Well I don't have a scale at home and I'm too broke to buy one, so I usually only weigh in once every few months when I go to get my birth control shot. Occasionally, when I go to Wal Mart, I'll go to the back and take a scale out of the box and use it. I know that's probably illegal, but I never take it with me so it's not stealing. I try not to set any specific time that I weigh myself because I'm afraid I'll be discouraged if it's not working as quickly as I want it to.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I weigh in almost daily no matter what. I record on Sundays regardless of outcome.
  • jen118h
    jen118h Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh a few times a week, but try to keep it just to Saturday mornings and not obsess on the scale numbers. I only update my weight on here if it goes down. I don't want to focus on losing and gaining the same 2-4 pounds every few days, because to me, that's not relevant.