Extreme lack of motivation

Options
Hi. My name is Laura and I have no motivation to do this. I know I need to and I want to, I just can't make myself. I need to surround myself with supportive friends that can help. I'm a 35 year old mother of 3 boys. 2 of them being twins. I have diabetes type 2 risk factors and I feel like a blob. I have about 40 pounds I would like to drop in a reasonable and healthy manner. Please add me as a friend, if you're willing to give (and receive) lots of support. Thanks!

Replies

• faerie_queen
    Options
    Hi Laura! I'm new too and I would love to add you. Having diabetes should be a little motivation for you! My health problems are a big motivation for me. I started out small...just changing my diet such as exchanging junk food (cookies, candy, soda) for veggies fruit nuts and water (and sometimes juice). The mind is a powerful thing and if you put your mind to it...and set a goal you'd be surprised what you can do. Good luck!! :)
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You should watch a movie called forks over knives. It is an amazing movie that really inspired me to make BIG changes and had amazing results.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    First thing is to change how you eat and what you eat. Do NOT call it a diet as a diet is what we eat on a normal daily basis. Once you make this change you'll start feeling better about yourself. Go from there, YOU CAN DO THIS!