I'm scared....need support/friends

Options
2»

Replies

• j_harley50
    j_harley50 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hey I've sent a request. No need to be scared I'm sure there are plenty folk on here to give you support. Me included.

Anyone else is free to add me too.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Roz,

There is nothing to be afraid of; the worst (if you want to call it that) that could happen is you make some new friends (we can all inspire one another) and maybe learn what it is that your body requires to get healthier. I haven't been on here that long, and I've only lost about 10 lbs total (8 on my own and 2 since here) but you can feel free to add me to your friends list if you like.
  • luzinches
    luzinches Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started today too, and we can do it together...gotta choose better foods, get em in the fridge. Get containers and make alot of good healthy grab and bite containers. Cottage cheese and mandarin oranges, tuna fish and crackers, 1 slice a bread with peanut butter, apples and PB, carrots and dressing, stuff like that so your not munching on junk. Hope this will be helpful, I am doin the blog too, which helps me stay here on the website. Whether I fail one day or not we gotta keep comin back and pluggin away.
  • luzinches
    luzinches Posts: 4
    Options
    RU in Raleigh, IM in Wake Forest...wanna connect?
  • seejulesrun
    seejulesrun Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm here. We'll do it together. :)
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Wow, you just posted this and you have tons of support already. I created my account 2011 and only lost 6lbs and I'm not sure I've kept all of that off. Its a been a back and forth up and down journey but we have to keep going so great to have such support here. You can feel free to add me as well.
  • shanel97654
    shanel97654 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back to MFP! This site has been the best thing for me..... The support you get from your MFP family is amazing and keeps me very motivated! We all fall off the wagon once in awhile but you just have to jump back on with both feet! Please feel free to add me as well. ;)
  • 41RED41
    41RED41 Posts: 1
    Options
    add me as your friend ive been on here for 35 days an has really motavated me even thro i havent lost alot of weight.It has helped me live a healther lifestyle an mame me respobilty for what i eat.Dont give up.:smile: :
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *(*(*hugs*)*)* It can be SO overwhelming looking at the big picture. I agree with a lot of people here, set MUCH smaller goals. Even set your MFP ticker for a goal of 5 pounds lost...that's it. Go for that first 5 pounds. Drink one more glass of water a day for a week. Then the next week, drink two more glasses. Drink one less soda per day. You do not have to make huge, sweeping changes all at once. Start small, and when you DO see changes, this will encourage you to take the next SMALL step. We are here for you, ok? Don't give up!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! First off - I know how you feel, I was the same way when I started. I was a yo-yo as long as I can remember. I joined this site about a year ago and all I can say is - this time is different. I have learned through this community how to make little changes to change my life. Through diet and exercise (I have taken up running) I have dropped almost 50 lbs and gone from a US size 16 to a size 6. The good thing is, I feel so great that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It's all attitude. Kudos to you for coming back! Just remember to keep a strong head. Only look forward, don't look back and surround yourself with plenty of "pals" that can help keep you on track when you start to stray. Good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • sweetmacy
    sweetmacy Posts: 1
    Options
    use this as a great tool to find out where the hidden fats are you are eating - like soda, condiments, etc. You can do it!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I'll support you 100%! Feel free to add me. I am on MFP every day. You CAN do this. Just set small goals, stay consistent, and believe in yourself. You're worth every effort!
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me, always looking to help others with motivation, etc! Plus, anyone with a Bouncing Souls ticker is pretty awesome in my book! :)
  • cballiet
    cballiet Posts: 11
    Options
    you can add me for support! :)
  • droolie2
    droolie2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I think friends make the difference... seeing what others post and getting advice and support have made a difference for me! I'd like to add more friends too so ADD me..lol please! (I am a newbie too...1 week and rolling)