hot peppers???

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
a guy at work just gave us huge box of hot peppers. what do I do with them???? normally I'd fry them up in olive oil and eat them with crusty italian bread and cheese... other healthier suggestions? I mean I'm gonna do that,, just not the whole loaf of bread. HELP

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Add them to salad, stir fry, meat or pretty much any dish you want to add a fruity kick of heat to.
  • jerber160
    Options
    MAYBE I'LL STUFF THEM AND DRENCH THEM IN A SAUTE OF SHRIMP, CRAB, SCALLOPS AND LOBSTER.. MMMM STILL LOTS OF ITALIAN BREAD THO
  • jerber160
    Options
    served with a side of home made pasta. dinner last night rocked..
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Cook them up but freeze them in ice cube trays to have later as well. All your recipes sound awesome!!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We usually add them to stirfrys. If you have too many you can also cut them up and freeze them. We did that last year when we got a ton of hot peppers from our CSA and it worked out well.
  • jerber160
    Options
    sadly there were no left overs. we ate em all... the BAD thing is my pasta was rockin and I'm gonna want MORE MORE MORE>>
  • jvpease
    jvpease Posts: 11
    Options
    I add hot banana peppers or jalapeno peppers as a topping on my sandwich at lunch. It's a great way to add flavor to say an oven-roasted turkey sandwich without adding high-fat condiments like mayonnaise.
  • jerber160
    Options
    I add hot banana peppers or jalapeno peppers as a topping on my sandwich at lunch. It's a great way to add flavor to say an oven-roasted turkey sandwich without adding high-fat condiments like mayonnaise.
    hot peps are one of my favorite toppings at subway.....