Food after workout???

Options
I'm having a problem with eating after I work out. I'm never very hungry afterwards but I know I should eat something. Any suggestions on what to eat that I won't end up regretting??? Thanks for the suggestions :)

Replies

• Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't eat :-)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Protein!!! Shakes or smoothies are great!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake --- you need to feed your body, but I get not being particularly hungry.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If you are a little hungry just toast some bread and add your favorite peanut butter to it. It's not many calories and easy on the tummy.
  • TheeFierceOne
    TheeFierceOne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to eat some protein after working out - a piece of cheese and/or ham, or a protein shake. Just a little something. If I eat carbs it usually ends up making me hungrier later. Do you eat before you workout?
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I always make a protein shake after I work out. Post work out protein is good for you :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake and small piece of fruit
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Depedning on the time....protein shake. Sometimes I work out after work and then I just go home shower and eat dinner. I try to follow up with a high protien dinner and not eat longer than 30-45 minutes after a workout. Fish and dark green veggies is good!
  • ashwe84
    ashwe84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No I don't usually eat before I work out. I have lunch around 1pm then when I get home from work around 5:30pm I start my run or I go to Zumba class depending on the day. Thank you for the suggestions.