Looking for support on the journey...

Options
Here I am (again) trying to get back on track! I hate having to go out here to ask for support, but I've found I'm probably not together enough yet to go it alone. Today I was inspired by a post from a woman whose 'avatar' was a message..."If you hate starting over, stop giving up".

I am hopeful to find some folks to stay in touch with...preferably similar age and obstacles...married, kids, full-time high-stress job.

My wonderful wife loves me "no matter what"...so I can't rely on her to give me a push when I'm slipping...my kid is embarrassed by my weight, so we don't talk about it...although I have a few friends and aquaintances who have noticed positive changes in the past and have been supportive, they also don't know how to be supportive when I have 'slipped'..and others are downright mean 'you might be looking better today, but by December you'll just be back where you were..why bother".

I've recently found a 24/7 gym that will allow me to fit a workout into my routine in a way that I can commit to. I'm back to MFP to track food and read about your success and challenges for inspiration. Enoyed a brief bit of success last year (35 lbs in 6 months - a healthy rate) but looking to do some psychic strengthening this time , as well.

I've begun C25K, do some aerobic activity almost every day, as well as a strength routine (Chest/back day 1...Legs/arms day 2...rest day3). I'd like to be able to confidently run a 5K this fall and maybe find a Spartan race next year.

Look forward to 'friending' any out here willing to journey toward better health.

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

I'm glad that you're trying to get healthy ...... eating "right" and moving should certainly make a big difference ......

Feel free to friend me ...... and best of luck to you !
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend to help encourage you!!!
  • nicolem1008
    Options
    Welcome. I recently joined as well. Glad to see you have a goal of a 5k. Running is great for weight loss and to keep it off. I ran competitvely until I gained a lot of weight. Looking to race this fall with my husband-right now though I am at the walk/jog stage so it is going to be a while.

Feel free to friend me. Good luck!
  • UGAGuy76
    UGAGuy76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also a married father of two that works a high stress full-time job in public safety. I started working on my weight June 24, 2012 and have already seen amazing results... I'm a little younger than you... in my mid 30s but you never can have too many friends doing the same thing. It's tough.
  • mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the welcome...happy to share the journey with you! Grateful for your support!