'The weight didn't come on overnight' my butt!

Options
2»

Replies

• moyanna
    moyanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, it's water weight. I did something similar about two weeks ago from one day to the next I gained 5 "pounds" from just one day of crazy eating.

I know it's hard, but don't focus so much on the scale tells you...for me so far it hasn't always been what I want I to be. Focus more on how much more fit you are, how many inches you've lost and just keep working at it! Good luck. :smile:
    '
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Weight does not equal JUST fat!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats to you on beginning to eat at your TDEE! I've lost 46 pounds and counting eating my TDEE for a person of my goal weight. Eating your TDEE has so many long term benefits!

Second of all, if you gain that much weight that fast, it is most definitely water weight. To gain a pound of true fat, you have to eat a surplus of 3,500 calories. Remember that your body burns upwards of 2000 calories a day with all the moving around you do, you'd have to eat 2000 PLUS 3,500 calories to gain a pound of true fat.

So unless you've downed over 5,500 calories yesterday, that's water retention. Stay off the scale for a week and see what is says then! Good luck!
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    stop worryting about the scale stop ordering pizza and bbq eat healthy exercise its really that simple
  • melissa10666
    Options
    It's likely to be water weight as your would've had to eat 7000 extra calories to gain 2lb
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree about sodium--often a culprit! You can track your intake in your food diary if you're interested (Food Tab - Settings - Nutrients Tracking). Don't worry & drink your water! :)
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    Just keep focused on over all and not day to day.
    This is an important concept that cannot be said enough. Remember it!

I'm glad that everyone here helped with the stress, and remember, your aunt will be leaving soon. 8^)