Does apple cider vinegar actually help you lose weight?

Options
I know it helps me get rid of water retention. It make's me feel great and I can take it so easily now the taste doesn't even bother me. I take 2 tbsp everyday.
Does it actually have any benefits? It doesn't suppress my appetite anymore.( I don't need to do that anyways. )
Should I stop taking it because I've heard it could burn the inside of you're throat or something?

Replies

• gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    I don't know if it helps you lose weight, but it makes for a great salad dressing mixed with a bit of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh orange juice and a sprinkle of cumin. That's probably a more pleasant way to have it than just spoonfuls.
  • gogogulliver
    gogogulliver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cider vinegar is only about as acidic as Coca Cola, so two tablespoons of the stuff is not going to burn your head off.

If it makes you feel great and it helps you get rid of water retention, I see no reason to stop.
  • JayJayUGW110
    Options
    I read it rids cellulite so I bought some! (:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's yummy with cabbage!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    no there is nothing special about apple cider vinegar (or any other food) that will help you lose weight.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I read it rids cellulite so I bought some! (:

lies.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It taught me how to fly and did my taxes for me!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    i bet if you drink enough of it, you will loose five pounds in the bathroom. In a horrific BM.
  • vivakpatti
    Options
    the only real benefit I ever really got was that it helped clear up my acne. So when I'm doing a lot of cardio I will use a bit every couple of days just to keep it from acting up
  • charz_c
    charz_c Posts: 2
    Options
    I bought it in the liquid form but after one go, it almost made me heave.

So, I bought the tablet form of them to try. They still taste rank but a lot easier to take. I have heard that they are good for getting rid of water retention.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I heard it helps you lower your cholesterol so I would be curious to know if it lowered yours.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Vinegar can help cleanse your liver but you REALLY want to dilute it! If you continuously consume it as is you can cause damage to your throat and stomach. Water it down with a cup of warm water and a slice of lemon. It doesn't have any super weight loss powers. Unfortunately weight loss comes down to the old fashioned diet and exercise.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I buy the real stuff and add half a cupful to a 2 litre bottle of water and drink it throughout the day.
    I think it works, i certainly seem to lose more weight when im drinking that daily then when im not (if ive run out). Its supposedly a fat burner, speeds up metabolism and has other health benefits.
    I actually like it, it makes quite a refreshing drink when ice cold :smile:
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i've never heard of such a thing. i bet if you just eat healthy and exercise, that will work just fine and you wont have to drink vinegar.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    No, but hard work, exercise and eating better sized portions and of the right stuff will! Use the time fannying about reading nonsense on the internet and in magazines to do more of the afore mentioned activities!
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Hahaha! *like*
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Probably because you are drinking more water now (ref adding to water) and feel fuller....

save your money and drink more water in general and eat well, exercise more.
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    each to their own....in my opinion it works.
    oh and btw, ive always drunk at least 2 litres of water a day anyway.
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Actually iv researched it and it has terrific health benefits. Its good for rinsing your hair with, fighting off colds. its rich in potassium, regulates blood pressure, helps clearup skin, it does help in weight loss by breaking down fat as well. BONUS! not to mention if you have yeast infection it really helps with the symptoms (iv tried this and it DOES work)
  • witless
    witless Posts: 19
    Options
    raw apple cider vinegar( with the mother) has been used for 1000 years as a medicinal
    for some people is very effective as a digestion aid it can help balance your ph
    and help you maintain a active metabolism
    never drink it undiluted
    and never white vinegar
    i use bragg and you can visit there web site here and read about the benefits

http://bragg.com/products/acv.html?gclid=CJWw7p--nLECFURfTAodbxY8eA