10-100 calorie dessert recipes?

Options
i really need a low cal dessert recipe.

Replies

• kad254
    kad254 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My fav low cal dessert is oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I make the recipe from the top of a Quaker Oats tub ("vanishing oatmeal raison cookies" but replace the raisons with chocolate and use about 1/2 the butter (and add a little milk for consistency). The recipe still works well even if you cut the butter waaaay down. They also freeze so you can cook one at a time (if you have no self control, like me)
  • bugginbri
    bugginbri Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Last night I made up some sugar free pudding with almond milk. Each serving came to 70 cals. You could also add lite cool whip and/or chocolate sauce for a few more cals to make a satisfying dessert. Another option would be meringues. They come to about 14 cals each!
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i love sugar-free pudding mix made with skim milk. but some people are not all about the sugar-substitute.

fresh berries with whipped cream (reddi-whip has about 15 calories for 2 tbsp and berries are low-cal - you can have a few if you're pushing your calorie limit for the day, or more if you have more space).

Luigi brand sugar-free italian ices - a single-serving cup has 60 calories. great substitute for ice cream. (i want to say these have splenda in them rather than aspartame, but i don't have any right now and i can't remember.)

i try not to make a lot of desserts any more because my old standby recipes are high in calories. but butter can be cut down, sugar can be replaced with applesauce (this requires messing with the amount of dry ingredients too, for texture, but if you google "substituting applesauce" you could find some hints), and there's always the portioning, wrapping, and putting away what you aren't going to eat immediately.
  • TheycallmeHotDonna
    TheycallmeHotDonna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I box of cake mix any flavor and a can of diet soda. Look it up online and you can find what they recommend for the flavor combo. Then I found a low fat frosting. I tub of fat free cool whip, 1 cup of fat free milk and one box of pudding mix "flavor depends on the flavor of cake mix". Mix the pudding and milk together then fold in the cool whip. Chill till ready to frost the cake. I think it was about 120 calories per slice. AND very yummy, I made one for the 4th of July and it was gone in minutes!! Very very moist!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1/2 C or one medium banana, frozen and pureed in the blender tastes like soft serve ice cream and is 100 cal
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    half a banana and half a tablespoon of all-natural (i.e. unsweetened) peanut butter