under 5ft and considering a boob job

Options

Replies

• babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not petite, I'm 5' 8" and had augmentation in 2000, when I was 40 years old. I went from a A to a small D because my tall, slim stature could support it. One very important thing to remember is they are only at their optimal for 10 years and then NEED to be replaced. Mine are now 12 years old and definitely need work, one is much larger than the other and makes the fit and look of clothing awkward at the least. Right now money is a huge factor in not have them replaced.

With that being said I would still do it all over again knowing what I know now.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm 5 foot even and will totally get one when I finish school. Just my choice, I felt more comfortable about the girls when I was heavier and had them rather than when I was skinny and hardley had them, so I know the difference in how having a certain size breasts affects me mentally.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look completely gorgeous as you are -- you are a lovely lovely young woman. The padded bra is working for you. And while it may be great to have boobs that big without using padding, keep in mind that fake boobs feel and unfortunately look... fake. I say keep 'em natural and use padding as needed.

P.S. -- Surgery sucks; don't let anyone tell you it doesn't.
    P.P.S. -- AND if you really really want them, the great thing is that it's completely your choice. There are many women who have augmentation and are very very happy with it. Feel supported and comfortable no matter what you choose. It's your body -- no one else's.
  • chascolly
    chascolly Posts: 1
    Options
    My daughter is 4'11 and had a breat reduction from like EE to a C and she looks great. C cup is perfect.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hell Yes!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, hourglass figure, and a full D cup, so I'm just going to list the pros and cons I can think of:

CONS
    -constant lower back pain whenever I'm sitting up
    -loose clothes make me look larger than I really am
    -stretch marks ... sad but true
    -less options at lingerie stores, because anything that adds cups sizes looks ridiculous on me
    -feeling self conscious in a bikini because of their size
    -pain while running (sometimes I have to wear two sports bras for support)
    -due to the above, my runs are often cut short
    -anything low cut instantly looks risque (I tend to be pretty modest, so this limits my clothing choices), whereas a smaller chested woman could wear the same thing and look great

PROS
    -boyfriend likes em
    -that's about it

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I really think you should stick with what you've got! After all, you can always add a little va-va-voom with a padded bra when needed. I actually tried to get a reduction a few years ago, but insurance wouldn't cover it even though I also wanted it for health concerns. Now looking back I'm glad I didn't get the reduction. I aspire to be the sort of woman who is confident in her own skin, but I am SO self conscious of my chest. Good luck to you, and I hope you figure out what's best for you!

this. all of this. seriously.
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ok, here is my op and some facts. I got implants when I was 17 (now 33) due to a HUGE (over 100 pounds) wt loss and too much skin, asymmetry ect. I am 5'7 and have C's, They look good on me. Honestly I think at your height C's would be too big and look fake. Surgery is a huge deal and will have you out of heavy lifting/workouts for about 2 1/2 - 3mo's. However you DO NOT "NEED" to have them redone after 10 years. That is an old wives tale or surgeons wanting to make an extra buck or thousands. If you get a good surgeon you shouldn't have any problems with them popping ect. Do your research so you know what to expect. Take time finding a Dr. and most importantly do what YOU want to do, no one else! Good luck!! Also you look kick *kitten* now for my 2 cents!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, hourglass figure, and a full D cup, so I'm just going to list the pros and cons I can think of:

CONS
    -constant lower back pain whenever I'm sitting up
    -loose clothes make me look larger than I really am
    -stretch marks ... sad but true
    -less options at lingerie stores, because anything that adds cups sizes looks ridiculous on me
    -feeling self conscious in a bikini because of their size
    -pain while running (sometimes I have to wear two sports bras for support)
    -due to the above, my runs are often cut short
    -anything low cut instantly looks risque (I tend to be pretty modest, so this limits my clothing choices), whereas a smaller chested woman could wear the same thing and look great

PROS
    -boyfriend likes em
    -that's about it

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I really think you should stick with what you've got! After all, you can always add a little va-va-voom with a padded bra when needed. I actually tried to get a reduction a few years ago, but insurance wouldn't cover it even though I also wanted it for health concerns. Now looking back I'm glad I didn't get the reduction. I aspire to be the sort of woman who is confident in her own skin, but I am SO self conscious of my chest. Good luck to you, and I hope you figure out what's best for you!

this. all of this. seriously.

hahahah thanks for the support (no pun intended!)!

I revisited the thread to add a few more thoughts - I didn't mean to sound like a prude or say that looking sexy is a bad thing - it definitely ISN'T! But for me, looking sexy has a time and place, and that place is not the office, church, dinner with my boyfriend's parents, etc. :blushing:

I honestly think that my large chest is what has made me a relatively modest dresser - I am always drawn to low cut items in theory, but end up purchasing more coverage because I'm self conscious. like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    And while it may be great to have boobs that big without using padding, keep in mind that fake boobs feel and unfortunately look... fake. I say keep 'em natural and use padding as needed.

i have to totally disagree with this statement. have you ever felt implants before?... The reason why there is such thing as silicone implants is so that women can have breasts that look and feel completely natural! the silicone is made to feel and look this way. It is such a crock when people who do not have implants say "oh they feel fake!" how would you know how they feel? have you asked a woman with silicone implants if they feel fake?... and yes sometimes women get implant that look fake because thats what they WANT them to look like!

anyways there is different types of implants for how ever you want to look... and how do we know that the OP doesnt want hers to be a little more firm and fake looking?... i think its an insult to all women out there with implants when someone goes a head and says "they are going to look fake!" why do you care what they look like? if the OP wants them to look fake then that is her choice, if she wants them to be more natural looking, just fuller and have more volume there is that option too with implants. All implants do not look or feel the same.

PS i had natural DD's before my surgery and my back never hurt then nor does my back hurt now. I think most people who say they have back problems "THINK" that this is due to their breast being larger but usually it has to do with not having a very strong core. work on your core and your back problems will most likely not be a problem anymore... Also my implants only weigh 3lbs total! there is no way that 3 extra lbs is going to give you back problems.

there are so many misconceptions when it comes to implants, just do your research if its something that you want don't listen to the negativity... boobs are great!!
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    id love a boob job. i hate my a cups
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. They will never look natural. You don't need them.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    What does height have to do with it? As long as they are proportionate, I don't see the problem.

This.
  • saduffy913
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and am a natural DDD....I suffer from a lot of back and neck problems as a result. I think that if you decide to go with the breast implants, a C might be too large considering your figure. Any larger than that, and you'll for sure have problems, but keep in mind that if you go bigger, you clothes will have to go bigger too. Increasing your breast size will change how clothes fit you, primarily shirts and dresses, so the cost effects your wardrobe as well.

That's my 2 cents :)
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    To all of you saying implants look fake and everyone can tell...not true!!!!! If you have them done by a good surgeon they will look just like natural breasts, granted they are not ginormous.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller and went from flat AA's to this <--- small D's. I also got them done when I was thinner than now and they were always proportional. They certainly never caused back pain and look pretty natural IMO (not that there is anything wrong with the fake look) basically any look us available fake, natural or something in between, there are hundreds of different implant sizes and shapes, something to suit anyone! For me I have never ever regretted my decision but I also have to say I was so flat pre op that chicken fillets and a push up bra never did much to help out, I had NOTHING to push up!
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    You know what? You look absolutely fabulous right now! Women are naturally beautiful in all shapes and sizes and each one of us is unique in bodily proportions. Whatever you decide, just remember that you are truly a beautiful woman right now!
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"i have to totally disagree with this statement. have you ever felt implants before?... The reason why there is such thing as silicone implants is so that women can have breasts that look and feel completely natural! the silicone is made to feel and look this way. It is such a crock when people who do not have implants say "oh they feel fake!" how would you know how they feel? have you asked a woman with silicone implants if they feel fake?... and yes sometimes women get implant that look fake because thats what they WANT them to look like!

anyways there is different types of implants for how ever you want to look... and how do we know that the OP doesnt want hers to be a little more firm and fake looking?... i think its an insult to all women out there with implants when someone goes a head and says "they are going to look fake!" why do you care what they look like? if the OP wants them to look fake then that is her choice, if she wants them to be more natural looking, just fuller and have more volume there is that option too with implants. All implants do not look or feel the same.

PS i had natural DD's before my surgery and my back never hurt then nor does my back hurt now. I think most people who say they have back problems "THINK" that this is due to their breast being larger but usually it has to do with not having a very strong core. work on your core and your back problems will most likely not be a problem anymore... Also my implants only weigh 3lbs total! there is no way that 3 extra lbs is going to give you back problems.

there are so many misconceptions when it comes to implants, just do your research if its something that you want don't listen to the negativity... boobs are great!!"
    [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. In fact years ago I won a contest based on "fake or not", mine indeed were implants yet no one could tell.
  • sandradi87
    sandradi87 Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't necessarily think a C cup would be out of proportion... maybe you should try to find some women who are 4'11" w/ the boob size you find flattering and somehow find out their cup size?(Maxim maybe??) That's prob. harder than said.

I don't have a boob job, and I agree w/ what others are saying about boobs not really being *that* important. But then again, we all focus on what we feel we are lacking...for me it's always been getting a bigger butt, lol.

Things for you to consider: shirts/ dresses these days *do* suck for hourglass figures. If it's not tapered at my waist/stomach...I won't wear it b/c it just makes me look large. It's hard to find nice fits these friggin' days. It's like fashion has gone lazy and just put out un-tailored mu mu's. I digress.

Anyway, if you're financially secure, and you're sure this will make you love your body more...go for it. I know a girl who got them done, and they look great, but now she won't wear tops that show her figure, boobs, b/c she's so insecure about them, which is weird to me.
  • scottsllama
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and am currently a 34C- used to be a 36D but that has changed since my weight loss... not going to lie, I think often people think my boobs are fake because they look large on my small/petite frame. But some people like that look! I'm glad my boobs have gotten a LITTLE smaller, tops/dresses fit WAY better and I'm a lot more confident just from my weight loss/body changes in general. If it's what you truly want/need to feel better about yourself, I say go for it! But be aware of the risks :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You ladies that have back/shoulder/neck pain might benefit from some heavy weightlifting. Build up some muscle to support the extra weight. Might make a huge difference in your comfort. :-) Plus decreasing your bodyfat percentage by way of buliding muscle may also cause the girls to shrink a bit. I had an overflowing DD even while losing my first ~20 lbs, but as soon as I started lifting weights they started shrinking. I'm sad b/c I liked them bigger, but some of you girls might really appreciate a bit of shrinkage due to decreasing bodyfat. ;-)