Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

need some support..

Hi all... looking for support here... as I don't have much at home in terms of anyone else wanting to diet, or should I say...get healthier.. I am already addicted to this site and plan on using this awesome tool to shed those 70 pounds (now 67 pounds).. looking forward to chatting with some new friends..

Replies

• MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    It's a shame your family won't get on board, bu you'll find lots of support here! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • I just started using this program over the weekend and I love it. It really opened my eyes to what and how much I was eating. Can't wait to see what happens when I weigh myself next Sunday. Please add me as your friend.

:smile:
  • jennihegge
    jennihegge Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! Id love to have some friends to, the more support we have the better off we are!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Hey there, I'm pretty new here too. I understand where you're coming from, it's really strange to prepare a separate meal for myself than the household, my daughter(4yrs) is willing to try a lot of things, but my fiance turns up his nose at the hint of something being healthy, plus my mom is iffy on healthy n my sister n her kids (who are temp staying here) refuse absolutelty to even consider healthy stuff(except one of her daughter's is a veg lover n is enjoying the healthy options).. it's like seriously, u tried it, u liked it.... but u can't enjoy it because it's healthy(he's especially judgemental of my green smoothies, though he admits the ones I made him try are good) Feel free to add me, i'm here every day!
  • Buy a super cute dress or jeans in a smaller size! hang it in your room somewhere where you will see it always! Believe me, the motivation to fit into that outfit will help! haha. :) I'm doing the same with my prepregnancy clothes!
  • Josie, your story sounds similar to mine. My hubby needs to gain and I need to lose. I have to cook his meals (which I don't mind doing) and stay on track with my own. I'm determined to do it - I need to lose 30lbs
  • rore62
    rore62 Posts: 3 Member
    Good job losing 3 lbs :-) Your on your way. You'll reach your goal by an by :-) Please feel free to add me as your friend :-) I have lost a total of 14 lbs since January 1st. 4 months of weight watchers and then I stopped losing-got discouraged and gained about 7 lbs back-then started using this site and I now have lost 6 of those 7lbs I had gained back. I absolutely love this site and the encouraging posts I read. I love tracking my food each day and adjusting what I eat as I go to attempt to stay within those goals. I love tracking my exercise and seeing how many calories i burn by do it :-) I like the nutritional breakdown too. I am receiving nutritional counseling as well once a week-the company are actually the one's who suggested I begin with myfitness pal. Each week they review my weekly food logs and guide me with the adjustments that I need to make. I am learning so much about nutrition and the way the body utilizes food. Welcome to a great place for learning and encouragement . You are going to be successful, I just know it :-)
  • KelliJ49047
    KelliJ49047 Posts: 14 Member
    I am really beginning to enjoy this site... I enjoy the encouragement that is given... everyone is like family... I want to thank everyone for the support.. I will be weighing in tomorrow... fingers are crossed.. happy weight loss all...