What's something you've given up since MFP?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Beer, pasta alfredo, java rice... Man I love those three but they made my waistline expand plus their calorie contents are unforgiving even if its homemade (talking about the latter two, not the beer of course).
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    earthtoemilyy - sorry about your break up :/ they suck especially when its not mutual. I hope he comes to his senses or your find someone that see's how special you are. Mmm chocolate is good but luckily, I'm not a big sweet tooth person so thats easy for me.

MAC &&&& CHEESE omg ;__; the best thing ever invented in a box. I'm going to miss it!

primmmy - hahaa you sound like my guy friends, it could seriously be 3am everyones drunk and there all making bacon, Patton and eggs. Us girls are just like ew really xD
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    i know you said, "not talking moderation" but i honestly haven't given up on anything yet. i like variety, so if i don't eat one thing today, i'll make sure i eat it tomorrow kind of thing.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing less than a good amount of my time.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Gluttony.

Greed, wrath, pride, envy, sloth and lust are calorie-free. I'm on my way to perfection!

Ha ha!
  • zmarzouka
    zmarzouka Posts: 9
    Options
    You don't have to give up anything to lose weight!!! if you like ice cream, burgers and pizza eat them but COUNT THE CALORIES!!!! that's the main thing! I managed to lose weight eating burgers and ice cream almost every day!
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    I would have to say eating out, and only because its incredibly easy to go all out and eat over a days worth of calories in a one hour sitting. Yes, I still get fast food, but I am fully aware of what I put in my belly ahead of time! Otherwise, I would really only say I try to make myself more aware of the bad foods im eating. I want to say im lucky to eat almost everything I used to but I would probably be getting better results if I stopped eating the chocolate chips and yogurt pretzels and ice cream(mostly frozen yogurt) every day/other day. 1lb a week isnt bad though. I just try to eat under 100-200calories of those yummy snacks! Portion control is key!

One of my favorite "sweets" is the 10 calorie packs of jello, if you like them.. at night time they really help curve the sweet tooth and have practically NOTHING in them. : )
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    Nothing less than a good amount of my time.

no kidding! me too :/
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    Since joining this site I don't even set foot in the snack/chips/candy aisles at the grocery store. There's no room for Chex Mix, Combos, Cheez-Its, or Skittles in my new lifestyle.

I'm also fighting to give up Pepsi. Sometimes I can go forever without soda, other times I just give in. But I always log it and make sure I still stay under my limit.

Mmm Cheez-its sucks that most of the yummy things aren't good for us haha. Your looking really good! keep up the good work :)

TitanGM - nice pic looks like you've giving up plenty of time but its paying off!

ucpg - I dont have enough self control to do the "in moderation" thing. its either I eat too much of ex: chips or I don't at all.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    You don't have to give up anything to lose weight!!! if you like ice cream, burgers and pizza eat them but COUNT THE CALORIES!!!! that's the main thing! I managed to lose weight eating burgers and ice cream almost every day!

True, but I noticed quickly when I'm on a daily calorie limit that there were many high-calorie foods in my old diet that would not keep me sated long enough. Those things had to go.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    my social life

Oh dang, I was about to write that! :laugh:
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options

I know buttttttttt, I want to have a healthy eating life style and theirs no room in mine for sodas, chips, ice creams, ect.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't think of anything I've given up completely. Not even Bailey's cheesecake! :drinker: If I want it, I make room for it. And it's more about what your food is made of...for instance, if I want pizza, I have pizza, but I make it myself with fresh/natural ingredients and a whole wheat crust...none of this frozen or store bought stuff that's loaded with sodium, high fructose corn syrup, and other crap. As a general rule, the more ingredients it has, especially if you can't pronounce them, the worse it probably is for you. I focus more on clean eating than I do what I can and can't eat.
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i gave up laziness :P
  • DirtyMu5krat
    Options
    Cheese. I love CHEESE!

With the rest of stuff like pizzas and pasta's I still eat them but count calories. Swapped normal pop for diet pop. 1 calorie per can. That'll do me marvelous!
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want when out, a lot of the chocolate, ben and jerries, all take out food - logging it just makes it impossible for me to justify it
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The 2 litres of iced coffee I used to drink daily..
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Forums.

Damn, will have to start over ;-)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Lying to myself about what I am eating - finally realised there is no point
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    The 2 litres of iced coffee I used to drink daily..

Oooh I still need my coffee, but I've weened myself off of cream and sugar and can easily drink it black now at least =D