Starting over again and lost count as to how many times.

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Pam and I have been dieting for the last 37 years. Within the last 3 years I have weighed more than I
ever have before and my doctor says I am close to be a diabetic and I better do something now before it is too late. So here I
go again only this time no sugar and a low carb diet. I need to lose about 150lbs Wish me luck.

Replies

• FluffBeGone
    Options
    You can do this! Good luck. :-)
  • Mbiceo
    Mbiceo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pam,
    we all have started over...I'm starting over this week too. We can do this together! Take care. Mary
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam...your story and my story sound alike. My health problem is my blood pressure. Add me as a friend if you want. We will succeed this time!
  • MardiGrasMichelle
    MardiGrasMichelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dear Pam....I can feel u completely....I am on day 5 of my new beginning also:) I am prediabetic and prehypertension as well as no thyroid for metabolism so we can cheer each other on!!!
  • AmazonAnnie
    Options
    I hear ya!! I'm starting again tomorrow!!
  • adokes
    adokes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam,

You can do it! We all have had to start over a few times.

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pam stop dieting and start making this a lifestyle change:) diets dont work so maybe try eating 5-6 small meals a day drink half your body weight in water,eat lean meats,veggies,fruits,cheese,nuts,etc and stay away from all of that fatty,high carb,high sodium,high sugar foods and drinks move your body 3-5 times a week cardio for 30-45 min and strength training 2-3 times a week...its really quite simple but does take work;) You can do it u just have to decide to change:)
  • scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam

I wish you luck. I'm shooting to lose a 100 pounds or more myself. Please let me know if I can help you lose weight too.

Scott
  • benjaminhunter
    benjaminhunter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam
    I'm starting again today after a not very good month.
    Keep at it Pam.
    Ben
  • Samantha2118
    Samantha2118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Pam :) You can do it, and it's never too late
  • 123Anon
    123Anon Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck!

Maybe not be too drastic and make changes for life.

Personally I have been on too many diets to loose weight, then a few months later have regained the weight AND another stone!
    So now I am making small steps for a life change, that you can live with forever.
    NO food should be cut out completely and enjoy food while eating, NO GUILT, Stop when you have enough and God is good after that!

I am very very over weight, and have managed to loose 30 pounds in just under 3 months doing this. I am not dieting.

The only thing I can not understand is, IF i can do this now, WHY didn't i do it before, and prevent getting so big???
    Answers on a post card to me please! :laugh:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Im starting over again today too we can do this ! xxx
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I would say, if you keep struggling with it, that if you have done the unsustainable fad diets in the past, that explains why you struggle to keep it up.

You say that you are trying no sugar, low carb. If this is a response to the diabetic thing, then fair enough, but as a diet I would say you are bound to struggle if you arbitrarily cut out sections of a diet and will end up craving those.

A low carb diet works because crappy food tends to be high in carbs, but there are plenty of foods out there that are carb based that are very good for you.

The best thing is to do your own research and get a good understanding of nutrition, and hopefully in the process you will understand how you can eat less but feel fuller, normally by including more protein based foods and more fat based foods, but carbs are required as they help in the fat burning process, and also make sure you have the energy to exercise.

I'm sure I'm teaching you to suck eggs and don't mean to be patronising if this is all old news to you.
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Good luck, forget the other times and KNOW this time is your time :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Lipstickandlashes
    Options
    good luck :) you got this!
  • winddancer57
    winddancer57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lots of luck to you,just put your mind to it,one day at a time,small steps,everything you do will be a success no matter how small you think it is
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I know I have also yo yo'd a ton over the past decade. Good luck!
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Excellent reply, Chris.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Excellent reply, Chris.

thanks!
  • suemarquis
    suemarquis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good luck pam!!we are all here to help each other :0)