Grumpy while dieting - HELP

Options
Hi
I have tried several times to loose weight on various plans and everytime i get told that im grumpy and not a fun person to be around. My work colleagues hate it when i diet as im misrable (sp?) and my husband moans that im grouchy and snappy.

I do seem to go down hill on the mood front when dieting but i need to shift about a stone before christmas.

Has anyone got any tips?

Thank you in advance

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I got told the same!

I worked it out that it's not the diet that made me grumpy but hunger - not necessarly the same thing, so I worked out a way in which to avoid being hungry whilst on my diet. 6 or 7 small meals a day - I'm never more than a couple of hours from eating!

Also protein shakes have helped a lot, fill me up a treat and are great for my macros
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have tried several times to loose weight on various plans and everytime i get told that im grumpy and not a fun person to be around. My work colleagues hate it when i diet as im misrable (sp?) and my husband moans that im grouchy and snappy.

I do seem to go down hill on the mood front when dieting but i need to shift about a stone before christmas.

Has anyone got any tips?

Thank you in advance
    Calorie intake affects mood. How many calories are you consuming? If you're not prepping for a contest, you shouldn't be in a severe deficit.
  • lmndz2011
    lmndz2011 Posts: 11
    Options
    Im glad im not the only one, its hard to eat small meals regulaly at work as were not able to eat at our desks.

I only have a deficit of 250 and im on 1530 a day which isnt so bad and i find it easy to work with, so im not sure why im so grumpy but apparently i am. :sad:
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking daily? Are you sleeping enough? What kinds of food are you consuming?
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    work out more? working out releases endorphins so that might make you feel happier
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I took 10 minute walk breaks 3-4 times a day (I tend to work around 10hours per day) and it really lifted my spirits. Also, the more activity I had during the day, the better I sleep at night.