30 day Shred Anyone?

Options
I've recently gotten a little off track regarding my goals with my food and my exercise, but today starts a new beginning for me!
Today I am beginning Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've tried it before, but after two weeks at Level 1, I gave up. I am determined to finish this! Anyone want to join me in my journey with Jillian?! I'd love all the motivation and support I can get and I'll gladly give it in return.
I'm starting today at 125.6 lbs. (goal weight is 120)
I'm 5ft. 2. in.
I'll have to give my measurements later, as I don't have the proper measuring tape.
I'm going to try and break it up and do 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2, & 10 days at Level 3, to equal out the 30 days. If I see I can move forward sooner, I'll do just that, but for now those are my goals! I will more than likely be doing this only Monday-Friday as weekends are a whirlwind of activity in my house, but will try to see what I can do.

So, who's with me?

Replies

• Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought 30 day shred! I am starting mine today. I am 5'4 and currently 166 lbs. My short term goal is 150 and then 135 as a long term goal. I hear this dvd is fun and very effective. I can't wait to try it!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I did it back in February, and am ready to start again!

I would suggest taking measurements, as when I did it before I put weight on during level 1, but did lose inches.

I plan on doing it Mon - Fri also with 10 days on each level!
  • AgentWalker008
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5 foot 4 and weight 7 stone 12. Hopefully Jillian will get me toned and muscular.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me! Anyone, feel free to add me :)

and if you don't have a proper measuring device, you could wrap a string around you and measure that. just sayin lol
  • jennihegge
    jennihegge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have fun everyone! I did 30 day shred and it was awesome! You guys can do it!
  • angyh
    angyh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1 today.

5'8" and 190 - just came off a month long vacation and an unexpected weight gain in late February that is kicking my butt. Think it is age (and hormonally) related but we shall see... Maintained my weight for over 2.5 years until that hiccup in February of 12 lbs added.

Thanks for the motivation!
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Have fun everyone! I did 30 day shred and it was awesome! You guys can do it!

I tried this a while ago, but never made it past Level One! Jillian intimidates the heck out of me and Level Two kicked my bootie just in the warm up. Anyway, I look forward to seeing it through to the end this time!
    Since you've done this before I thought I'd ask you a question. How did you log it in exercise? I don't have an HRM, so, I have to use the generic listings in MFP. Last time I logged it as circuit training. I was just curious if this is accurate or if something else would be more accurate.

Thanks!
  • kawood2002
    kawood2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! This will be my first time trying it out and I'm so excited to see how I do with it.

Good Luck to you all! :smile:
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did Level 1 in March. I never got to Level 2 because I found out I was pregnant.

Unfortunately, I'm not pregnant anymore, and I want to start it NOW, but I need one more week of rest before using my abs.
    So maybe I'll catch up with you guys next week and join in :)

Best wishes, Jillian kicks butt!
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just did day 6 today! I can't believe how good it makes me feel! I have so much energy :) And although I did not take measurements, I FEEL the inches come off. When I look in the mirror, I can tell :) Love it!

I am taking my time with it, I'm thinking of doing each leverl for 15 days, or at least until I can complete each excersize comfortably. For instance, I still do girly pushups lol. I would like to be able to perfect normal pushups before I move on.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 Day 6, everyone planning to start make sure you don't workout barefoot on a hard floor because your knees will feel it and you'll sabotage your progress. And just trust the process, I gained weight in the first two weeks but it was all water weight and I've lost 7.5 inches so far and I'm just past halfway through! Best of luck!
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    Got Level 1 Day 1 done on my 30 Day Shred mission! I'm sweating like crazy, but I feel good! When I tried this DVD before for the first 5 days I always had to stop during the second set of cardio to catch my breath. I am proud to say that today, I did the entire workout without stopping! Feeling pretty darn proud right now!
  • mooffle
    mooffle Posts: 5
    Options
    ill start too :) i tried it once before but never got around to doing it more then a few days..but now there's more room in the house and i think i can comfortably do it it. starting at 5"1 - 152 lbs want my goal at the end of the month to be around 140 lbs :) hopefully less along with diet and even more exercise ! good luck everyone
  • AmyJ0377
    AmyJ0377 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am starting it today!!! I can't wait to see what kind of results I get!
  • ScullyKel
    ScullyKel Posts: 69
    Options
    Ok I'm motivated to put it in and start today ;) Lets see if I can! I've had it sitting around for like a month now.
    Thanks for the boost!
  • melissa10666
    Options
    Hi there :)
    I've just finished level 1 and have lost 1 inch of my waist and 1.5 inches off my hips.
    I definately recommend :)
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me! Feel free to add me =)

Wont lie I was dieing days 1 2 & 3 but I feel great now!
  • brandilacey
    Options
    I am starting today also. I just joined this site, and I can't believe how popular this dvd is, awesome! I am excited to start and hopefully make some friends to motivate each other. I am 147.2, the only measurements I have right now is waist 40 inches and hips 41. I hope to make those numbers go WAY down! I want my weight somewhere around 120-130 depending on muscle gain.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today, and it was great. Can't wait for day 2.
  • KSonmore
    KSonmore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started yesterday- It was tough but I felt great afterwards. I am 5'3 and currently 158 lbs. My goal is to get down to 125-130 lbs.