Need the support im not finding with my family...

Options
2»

Replies

• myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My mum wrote me a letter last year tell me that she couldn't stand to look at photos of me next to my friends because I'm so fat.

feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

This breaks my heart! I am so sorry!
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I'd be glad to cheer you on! Add me!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So. I'm 20 years old, and I've been on a bumpy weight loss ride. my highest was 178, my lowest was 148, and im currently 156-160.
    My major issue is my mothers remarks...if i eat something she doesnt agree with, she'll start pointing out how my clothes are fitting and how small I used to be, and how im 'lazy' now....and she says it's to help me, but shes not seeing the effects it has on me.
    I'm still currently struggling with an eating disorder as well, which she has no clue about, so it's been taking it's toll lately.

So, Fitness Pal people..anyone out there willing to be my buddy and motivational partner?

I'd like to add, you look beautiful in you picture.. :smile:
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I used to get comments like that from my mother as well....fortunately, now that my family has seen the effort I am making and what I am accomplishing, they are much more supportive and the comments are turning towards the more positive side. It is hard, I know....but it just gets to a point, when you have to decide you will do it for you and that will be what ultimate drives you. When I started this "me" journey I had to step back and for once say this IS all about me and I'm not going to worry about anyone else for awhile.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • wannaplay2505
    Options
    Sending you a request. I'm older than you are, but we have similar goals and I too have a naysayer that's pretty close to me. Mine is my mother in-law though. She's great at backhanded compliments, my favorite is, "Yes. You can tell you've lost weight. Your face is less bloated."

Awesome. =)
  • Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. I have people in my life that also try to bring me down. They are most likely just unhappy with themselves. I am here to support you and do this with you. I am 178 and looking to be 135. I just started but I'm here for you.

*ALSO ANYONE ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME FEEL FREE:) I'm always looking for support and people to lose weight with.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I wish i got notifications that people replied to this! D:
    I'm now just adding you all...thanks :)
  • bakercj13
    bakercj13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too if your still looking for support? You will get through this and you will reach your goals! You have already made friends who will support here and I assume elsewhere so ignore those things your mother says and listen to those who will help you.
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you're still looking for support.

My advice - keep logging your food and the weight will come off.