I NEED HELP! NOT LOSING.... METABOLISM ISSUE?

Options
HI! PLEASE HELP! I AM 5'5 AND 149 lbs... I HAVE BEEN LOGGING MY CALORIES SINCE FEBRURARY AND HAVE NOT LOST. I USUALLY EAT 1200-1400 CALORIES PER DAY ON THE WEEKDAYS AND ALLOW MYSELF A LITTLE MORE ON THE WEEKENDS. I DO NOT TYPICALLY EAT MEAT BUT I DO SUB IN PLENTY OF BEANS AND NUTS FOR PROTIEN. I EAT MOSTLY PLANT BASED FOODS. I REGULARLY DO YOGA AND AS OF NOW I AM ON DAY 20 OF THE 30 DAY SHRED. I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NOT LOSING. I KNOW THAT I COULD BE GAINING MUSCLE... I ALSO HAVE BEEN READING INTO MY CALORIE INTAKE.. IS IT TOO LITTLE? I HAVE BEEN READING LOTS OF CONFLICTING INFO ON STARVATION MODE AND HOW MANY CALORIES I SHOULD BE CONSUMING. BEFORE HAVING KIDS I WAS AROUND 140. I WOULD LIKE TO GET BACK THERE BUT MY BODY ISN'T BUDGING! IF ANYONE COULD BECOME MY FRIEND SO YOU COULD CHECK OUT MY FOOD DIARY THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You're diary isn't open.
  • megsalla80
    megsalla80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i just unlocked it... sorry. check it out... let me know what u think. thanks:happy:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It is unlikely a metabolism issue.

It is most likely because you are not accurate in your counts.

You are using Quick Add Calories way too much. And more than likely you are underestimating them.

Be accurate with your counts and measure everything.
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It is unlikely a metabolism issue.

It is most likely because you are not accurate in your counts.

You are using Quick Add Calories way too much. And more than likely you are underestimating them.

Be accurate with your counts and measure everything.

agreed !
    i made this mistake once.
    i was adding something at a low calorie intake, but then realized it was almost double in calories.

you just gotta work hard.
    i know it is harder to lose weight the smaller you are.
    the last few pounds is always hardest.
    that is when you have to really get down to the nitty gritty.
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is is but for a week everthing you eat log in yourself.

I looked what others have added to date and looked for something and 3 people put same item same amount but 3 different calorie counts so i looked up on jar myself and worked it out one was almost right but was 4 cals out.

just because its there doesnt always mean its right calories x
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with above posters. Using quick add calories you can't see the breakdown of the foods you are eating and what sources they are coming from.

Also. I would start tracking sodium in your diet, that could cause water retention.

Secondly. track your sugar. Those 2 things could play a role in this. I highly doubt its a metabolism issue unless you have a medical issue such as an under active thyroid.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking water? For me, making sure I drink enough water makes a huge difference in how fast I lose - especially when I plateau. Especially if you are taking in a lot of sodium.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think you're using too many capital letters.

This is just a joke, please don't kill me people.
  • Mainey13
    Mainey13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It also looks like you are drinking alcohol and eating some junky foods - that's a bad combination.
    I would also suggest adding Sodium to your Diary because some of the processed foods you are eating are probably super high in Sodium.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Same as the above posters...the quick add isn't accurate. One other thing i noticed is on more days than not, you have little calories in the a.m. and big heavy dinners. Try to switch that around. Eat your larger meals in the morning when you metabolism has all day to burn those off and eat lighter at night. I also find when i dedicate 600-700 calories on the weekend to bevys, i don't lose as much. Look for lower calorie options like Skinny Girl or vodka sodas. :)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Check out the facebook group Slimdown With Sandee... she blogs lots of great advice that I think you might find useful
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I think that you aren't eating often enough to increase your metabolism. Work out more and earn more calories to eat. Eat at least 5 times a day and keep your protein up.
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You know the answer...

(from your profile) "we have lots of friends which means lots of weekend food.. and that is what kills me!"

Not impossible to overcome (invite the friends over so you can control what's being served).

:) Good luck!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You cant build muscle in a calorie deficit, so its not that.

Eat more protein and some good quality carbs. Do you exercise?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You know the answer...

(from your profile) "we have lots of friends which means lots of weekend food.. and that is what kills me!"

Not impossible to overcome (invite the friends over so you can control what's being served).

:) Good luck!

Try to get friends on the bandwagon! I am trying hard myself to do so. I soooooo want my friends to join me on this adventure, because I think it'd be awesome to have weekend dinner parties where we all made very healthy foods.
  • megsalla80
    Options
    i have started to bring a healthy option to bbq's w me... it does help. but the alcohol is still an issue... i love my wine
  • megsalla80
    Options
    i know! the drinks kill me! with a full time job & 2 kids... i look forward to those glasses of wine. i actually have been drinking more of exactly what u suggested... skinny girls & vodka sodas... funny
  • megsalla80
    Options
    i do workout.. i've been doing the 30 dy shred level 3 and i also do yoga a few times a week. when i don't do the shred i usually walk. i do see a difference in tone in my abs & thighs.. but my problem is my hips. how do i get rid of that?
  • megsalla80
    Options
    good suggestion!
  • jilrsch
    jilrsch Posts: 7
    Options
    Your sugar intake seems high. Cut down on the fruits and add more veggies and lean protein.