New and need help...

Options
2»

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I found with new babies (and I've had 4) - it was best to eat 6 small meals/snacks per day - lots of protein and fruits and veggies and water. Buy things that are easy to grab or prepare quickly. Keep it simple. The best exercise is probably just walking - either with baby in a stroller or a carrier. I used to hit the mall in the summer (it is very hot and humid where I am) and just walk laps. Sleep (or rather lack thereoff) is also a big factor. Try and get as much as you can. I found that until I was getting decent sleep - I could not lose weight. Congrats on your new baby and good luck to you!

Thank you....I wish I could get more sleep but my baby is very fussy even at night :( He only sleeps good on his tummy but because of SIDS they say not to so we keep him on his back.

It won't be long before baby is turning over by itself.
  • Dragon101
    Dragon101 Posts: 18
    Options
    Getting motivated to workout was always a problem for me. The key is too find a workout you enjoy. If you do not enjoy your workout, you will always find excuses not to do it. Once you find that dream workout, you need people to support you and be your cheering section. They also hold you accountable. Accountability is also important. When you have to be accountable to someone other than yourself, you suddenly find that inner voice inside you saying it's ok to skip today's workout fading.

Here's a quote from the creators of one of my favorite workouts: "Give up, give in, or give it your all! All choices, ALL YOURS!"
  • staceymae19
    Options
    I found with new babies (and I've had 4) - it was best to eat 6 small meals/snacks per day - lots of protein and fruits and veggies and water. Buy things that are easy to grab or prepare quickly. Keep it simple. The best exercise is probably just walking - either with baby in a stroller or a carrier. I used to hit the mall in the summer (it is very hot and humid where I am) and just walk laps. Sleep (or rather lack thereoff) is also a big factor. Try and get as much as you can. I found that until I was getting decent sleep - I could not lose weight. Congrats on your new baby and good luck to you!

Thank you....I wish I could get more sleep but my baby is very fussy even at night :( He only sleeps good on his tummy but because of SIDS they say not to so we keep him on his back.

It won't be long before baby is turning over by itself.
    [/quote

do you know when babies start to turn over?
  • cmivey1
    cmivey1 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you snack, you should try eating vegetables....carrots etc...they are good for you and have relatively low calories, if any....