What kind of bathroom scales do you have?

Options
Hi I have just had my Weight Watchers scale die on me for the 2nd time, it did an Err message and will not go on again, so instead of sending it back for the 2nd time and getting a replacement, I am thinking of just getting a new one.

What scales to any of you have and how reliable are they?

Thanks I appreciate all the input I can get...

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a regular digital scale. It's Denise Austin or something like that. It's pretty accurate, only a pound or two less than the doctors scale.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest Loser scale ...you can get it at Academy for like $50. It gives you your weight but it also measures body fat %, muscle mass %, water weight % and bone density %. It's great. You can program if for multiple people and it saves what your last weight was and %s were so the next week when you weigh-in you can see if you had a loss from teh week before. :)
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have the hostile kind :bigsmile:

But seriously, it's a digital with fat percentage calculator. It's ok. I have no complaints. If you get this kind with the fat % reading make sure you step on at the same time of day with more/less the same degree of hydration as that can throw this scale way off. I find that most scales are not that accurate but they will be consistent. So if you go from 128 to 125 that would be a 3 lbs loss on any scale even if the actual weight is different. I hope this helps you.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have a HealthOMeter digital scale and I love it. I got it at Wal*Mart. My mother in law has one too and it works great!
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I have a cheap digital scale I bought at Walmart. Nothing fancy, but does a good job.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have a regular digital.scale.....no bells or whistles, dont want or need them. Taylor is the brand. Does the job. :)
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WMEA12/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

I picked this up a few months ago. The weight is pretty dead on, and though i don't lend too much credit to the numbers it gives for body fat and muscle percentages, they seem effective enough to keep track of trends.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have the hostile kind :bigsmile:

lol....I must have the same kind you have!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I use an Omron HFB-500 Body Composition Monitor. Bought it for $60 CAD.

I measures weight, BF%, visceral fat rating, skeletal muscle %, gives your BMR, and BMI.

It's also one of the most accurate scales out there, for BF%. A journalist tested a collection of them and found this one to be off by a mere 2%. Acceptable in my books!

Just don't keep it in the bathroom! It's not waterproof and will fry if it gets too wet.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a HealthOMeter digital scale and I love it. I got it at Wal*Mart. My mother in law has one too and it works great!

I have this one, too! I have had it for YEARS!! I just replaced the battery for the first time, the other day!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think mine is a health-o-meter. I did a weightloss program with Tuft Medical Center (Tuft University) and they gave it to me about 4 years ago and its still going strong. :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of the highest rated ones you can get in the USA.

http://www.consumersearch.com/bathroom-scales
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have 2 different sets of bathroom scales. I have a regular set of scales which I don't use anymore cause it's not accurate at all. Then I went and bought a digital scale that is really accurate. So I like use it all the time!! I love my digital scale.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have an evil, lying one. I don't recommend that brand. LOL

Seriously, a digital heath meter scale...does the job...but it is still a liar. And evil. :)
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I have this one too, it lets you track 2 peoples progress too :)
  • DaRizzKid
    DaRizzKid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had the weight watchers one too.. but it just died on me as well. It got stuck on a weight. After some frustrations of "not losing a single ounce" I made someone else stand on it and he weighed the exact same; that's when I threw it out. I am currently using the Health-O-Meter from Wally World and love it.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I have this one too, it lets you track 2 peoples progress too :)

Seems to me quite a few of us have the same scales. Health o meter does a great job for us!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't buy Omron products!! I got a scale form them and it read over 100 lbs off and they wanted me to pay for the S&H to the states to fix it... I got it on Amazon so they wanted me to pay S&H to the states as well to return it, which is almost as much as the scale its self in Canada. I ended up throwing it in the garbage.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Since I started at 469 not a lot of options were available to me, I ended up purchasing a doctors scale for around $250. It's just like the ones you see at the offices, with a measure for height as well. The one great thing about it is that it is ACCURATE, very accurate. I can drink 24 ounces of water and see the difference in weight on the scale. I don't weigh daily, but if I did this would be the only way to do so without going crazy. I am glad that I can now fit on regular scales now though, but having a doctors scale at home is a huge benefit.
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You have all been so helpful, I think I may be checking out that Health-o-Meter one, I really just want the basic weight, but having 2 different people to track will be nice, again thanks I knew that, all of the MFP people would have the answers...

I still agree with them being evil too!!!!!!!!