protein

zanthee66
zanthee66 Posts: 41 Member
could some one please tell me if i have to stick to my protein that in my diary or if i have the calories i can have more protein .

Replies

• huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Lots of people have said that MFP underestimates protein, so feel free to go over your goal. If you're going to go over on anything, protein would probably be the best, especially if it's lean protein.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    The protein that MFP recommends is merely a suggestion. Feel free to increase your intake!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    I manually set my protein level and keep track of it. I am going to the gym 2 to 3 times a week and lifting weights. It is hard enough to get my butt up at 5am and be at the gym and lift etc... last thing I want is lack of protein hindering my progress!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Definitely have more protein!!! I blow my daily goal out of the water every day and that is what's responsible for my weight loss. You can also customize your macros to allow yourself a larger percentage of protein each day, which I recommend trying, because it's worked wonders for me personally. A lot of people enjoy the 40% carb, 30/30 fat/protein ratio and it seems to work.

You can try experimenting with your macros a bit and see what works for you!