What to Eat after Wisdom Teeth Extraction?

Options
2»

Replies

• sportsmomof2
    sportsmomof2 Posts: 136
    Options
    When I had mine out..I like a few others didnt listen to the straw usage...I ended up with lock jaw and dry sockets. They literally had to put me out and crank my jaw open...

However, Carnation instant breakfast, slim fast shakes, ice milk, mashed potatoes, jello and sugar free puddings are great options!

Wish you luck!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    my brother got his out the Monday before Thanksgiving. He just blended the whole dinner and drank it. :drinker: :laugh:

....that sounds horrible
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    Options
    Abs Diet Ultimate Power Smoothie
    Abs Diet book

Number of Powerfoods: 5

Ingredients
    1 cup 1% or skim milk
    1/4 c tablespoons Low-fat or non- fat vanilla yogurt
    2 tbsp Instant oatmeal, dry (optional)
    2 teaspoons all-natural Peanut butter
    1 scoop Chocolate whey powder
    6 Ice cubes, crushed
    1 frozen, mini peppermint pattie (optional)

Preparation
    Mix in blender until smooth

Cook's Notes
    Makes 2 8-ounce servings

Nutrient Information
    Calories 220
    Total Fat 4g
    Saturated Fat 1.5g
    Carbohydrates 29g
    Protein 12g
    Sodium 118mg
    Fiber 3g
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I ate vicadin....

zen
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    I ate vicadin....

zen

LMAO.. thats great.. i think i ate tylenol w codiene.. i had a bad recovery and lost like 20 pds(man i wish i had my wisdom teeth again). my friend had hers out and she was eating nachos the next day.. everyone is different.. but i remember eating baby food applesauce.. not so bad,, and KFC mashed potatoes...
  • chrissyb
    Options
    i really can't seem to find the balance between leaving the extraction sites alone so as to let them fill up with healing tissue and to rinse them with saltwater enough to extract food/plaque from them to avoid infection!!! aiii!!!!:ohwell:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Ice Cream!!

Okay... frozen yogurt. :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I ate vicadin....

zen

I got percocet....not a good idea. Apparently I'm sensitive to it. :sick:

I didn't eat much of anything, but when I did it was applesauce and yogurt. I went back to work (out on the woods no less LOL) after just one day and got an infection and my lymph node swelled up and felt SO sore. I had to rinse with hydrogen peroxide and water with a syringe--shooting it into the hole lol--after every meal. Yuk! So make sure you rinse well and REST. :smile:
  • chrissyb
    Options
    i got percocet and it worked perfectly for me, as opposed to the others.. so i think it varies greatly by individual, unfortunately..:drinker:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :love: Slimfast :love:

I love those things... I drink them sometimes for a meal just because it sounds delicious.