Meal Replacement Shakes

Options

Replies

• saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am the same way but this is what I do nearly every day and it is so easy!!!

Get a small blender- the kind that have cups you blend- screw the lid on- and drink out of...

The night before put 1/4 almond milk, 1C plain-non fat Greek Yogurt, and as much fruit as you can stuff in the blender cup. screw the blade attachment on and set it in the fridge. In the morning just give it a few quick zaps on the blender- replace blade attachment with regular lid and go! It is soo good and healthy for you! Sometimes I add a packet of stevia if it isn't very sweet. If I feel like I need something with a little texture I toast a piece of ezekiel bread to eat with it!!
  • aliciapenny
    aliciapenny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are there any for weightloss anyone would recomend?

There is no shake for weightloss just as there is no food for weightloss. Eat (or drink) at a deficit and you will lose weight.

Totally agree
  • saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lol Rory_123 great minds think alike!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My doctor just started me on meal replacement shakes, I actually do substitute my breakfast because I do the same as you, I usually don't eat breakfast and when I do it would be unhealthy. The protein shakes I just started are from Walmart their called 100% Whey protein and they are Vanilla Cream flavor. I mix it with fat free/skim milk and they keep me feeling fine until lunch time. The key is to get a mix that has at least 20g of protein because that is what is going to keep you feeling full. If you have any other questions feel free to inbox me! Oh, by doing this in 2 weeks I have lost 7 pounds!
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lol Rory_123 great minds think alike!!

hahaha!
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Everyone is right, there is no replacing a good, healthy breakfast- HAVING SAID THAT- I totally get that there are times you sleep through your alarm, or kids don't move as quickly as they should, etc. I see the benefit of having something like a MRS handy so at least you're getting something (and it's better then a 1000 calorie coffee drink from btarsucks and a bagle).

I like the advocare chocolate shakes. They're very tasty. Let me know if you'd like more info or a sample. I'd be happy to send you one.
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    Apparently you've already lost 12 lbs so you're doing something right. As for the shakes, do what works best for YOU. As for me, I make protein shakes when I have the time (and the frozen bananas). The powder I use is not a diet powder, but rather a protein powder w/o all the extra sugars, salts and sugar-substitutes that powders like "muscle milk" have. A 250-ish kcal shake with 24-26g protein does the trick for me. But I also aim for 5-6 meals per day--each 10-30g protein. That works for me...just be patient and find out what works for you. If shakes don't work, drop em.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    I also am hungry in the mornings and do not like actually eating. I drink special K protein shakes, they are actually a treat because I enjoy the taste so much. When I have long school days and can not take chicken or anything, I also have one in the afternoon. I really enjoy the taste and the 5g of fiber helps fill me up. Yes natural fruit/veggies/whole grain/unprocessed foods are healthier for you, but there are also worse choices:) I look forward to drinking them.
  • Crossfitjessi
    Options
    body by vi
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    To the OP: if you're hungry in the morning, why don't you like to eat breakfast? I'm genuinely not having a go, but if you're hungry, why not eat?
    What about a banana with a slice of wholemeal toast or a half-bagel? Or a banana and a cereal bar if you don't have time for toast? That must be better than a meal replacement shake.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't use those fake food powders/shakes! Blend the following ingredients in your blender

- ff greek or regular yogurt
    - almond/skim/soy milk
    - frozen or fresh fruit
    - a handful of spinach (you CANNOT taste it, I promise you

That is a nutritious breakfast smoothie made with all whole foods, no need for expensive protein powders or meal replacements. Add a tbsp of honey if you like it sweet. If you are in a rush in the mornings, put everything in the blender, in the fridge before bed. When you wake up, blend.

Rory fresh spinach and kale in a smoothie along with the fruits is another great treat. I trick my kids with my veggie powerhouse:-)
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i'll sometimes have a usn diet fuel shake and a banana. otherwise oats or cornflakes
  • sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    GNC Total Lean shakes (swiss chocolate) is what im drinking now trying them for dinner and sometimes breakfast as well.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Wow! There are some negative responses on here. My take is that eating something is better than nothing so find what works for you. Good luck!
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I drink the GNC Lean Shake with Almond milk.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I have a Coffee protein shake! =) So YUMMY <3 It replaces breakfast, and its got my caffeine. I put a scoop of protein powder in it too.. it keeps me full and it so damn good.. =) I don't usually like to eat breakfast either so that thing is perfect. It tastes like a McDonalds frappe...
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 12oz almnond milk, scoop of Shakeology, and scoop of protein powder :) Pretty much every morning.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    In the past I've done Slimfast for 2weeks and have lost up to 10lbs, however I wouldn't recommend it. A shake could never really replace all the natural and good stuff your body gets from great choice foods, water and exercise. You can incorporate a shake her and there for special occassions; upcoming engagements etc., when you need to lose a few pounds but anything in excess of that I wouldn't do.
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    I have a Coffee protein shake! =) So YUMMY <3 It replaces breakfast, and its got my caffeine. I put a scoop of protein powder in it too.. it keeps me full and it so damn good.. =) I don't usually like to eat breakfast either so that thing is perfect. It tastes like a McDonalds frappe...

Waaaat? That sounds great.. what's in it?
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do not do Visuals

My trainer signed up for it. You have to become a distributor and they tack on a $25 web site fee. My trainer tried several times to cancel the automatic orders. She eventually had to go to her bank close out her account to keep them from charging her.

If you do want it that bad go to Amazon and you can get it for about the same price. Without the BS and the $25.00 fees.