Starting P90X on a Tuesday??

Options
Anyone have any suggestions? My wife and I wanted to start P90X today (Monday) as to have our off day on Sundays. The discs aren't going to arrive till tomorrow though, and I would rather not wait until next Monday to start. Any suggestions on what to do? I really don't want to skip a workout either... or I guess if I have to, which one should I skip? Tried to see if I could find the first workout on youtube or something, but no luck.

Replies

• Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Start P90X with the Tuesday workout. You could also double up your day to catch up but I think you guys will be fine with missing today.
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Download the Fit Test from their website and do that for the remainder of the week then start fresh on Monday.
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree - skip today and just start on Tuesday workout. Keep that off day and remember to keep those off days - you will need them so you don't get burned out. I actually made my off days Friday nights because there were more "parties" going on and more pizza and crappy food.

Good luck - and let us know how you are making out!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to start on tomorrow with the tuesday workout, which is Plyo X. The day 1 workout is basically nothing but a bunch of sets of different varieties of pushups and pullups. Spend about 45 minutes of your day today doing 2 sets each of as many different varieties of pushups and pullups as you can manage, as well as a couple dumbbell exercises that are different variations of the row (the heavy pants, the lawnmower) and you will have basically done the Day 1 workout. Follow it up with about 15 minutes of doing floor ab exercises (crunch, bicycle crunch, reverse crunch, etc...) and you will have basically completed day 1 without the DVDs.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Good ideas guys... thanks for the tips... I think we will start with the Tuesday workout as suggested, and go from there... I think the wife and I are going to do a spinning class tonight, then I'll try to get some pushups and ab work in as well...
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here is a workout I got from a trainer to use at home: 100 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    90 Crunches
    80 Squats (With or without weights)
    70 Leg Lifts (With or without 5lb medicine ball)
    60 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    50 Crunches
    40 Squats (With or without weights)
    30 Leg Lifts (With or without 5lb medicine ball)
    20 Jumping Jacks (Wide arms- works chest)
    10 Minute Walk/Run/Jog (any cardio...run in place...NO EXCUSES)
    Take 5 Stretch and Breathe!

• Leg lifts can be done using a 5lb medicine ball for more advanced workout.
    • Don't use too heavy a weight when doing weighted squats. Back should remain erect and knees don't go over toes. Too heavy a weight compromises form which causes injury.
    • Wide arm jacks - hold your palms out facing forward instead of overhead jacks. Engages your chest for an added bonus.
    • ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep your core tight!
  • znm100
    Options
    thanks for the tips everyone... CP says that day two is pretty intense, so spinning class is probably a bad idea for tonight... I think I will just try to replicate day one on my own and pick it up with Day 2 tomorrow!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Either just start Tuesday's tomorrow or do your own thing for today. It would be chest and back so just pick up some weights or bands and do some exercises so you don't feel like you missed a day. That is what I would do.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would NOT skip the Monday workout. You will scare yourself too much by starting with the Plyo. I would just start Tuesday with the first workout and then on Sunday double up. Doing KenpoX and the stretch dvd would be easy to do in the same day. That way you are ready to start next week out right. Good luck!!!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

here is a link to the work out sheets you will want to use to keep track of your progress. You can also get a good idea of what day one is.
    good luck
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I started mine on a Tuesday, and it actually works out perfectly with my schedule!
  • znm100
    Options
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets

here is a link to the work out sheets you will want to use to keep track of your progress. You can also get a good idea of what day one is.
    good luck

this is awesome, thank you!