women: what do you wear to the gym?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sports bra, compression pants, fitted tshirt or compressive shirt. on cardio dy i way cross trainers on lifting day i wear whatever since i lift in my socks anyway.

i find compression gear really helps with recovery. anything that gives me less DOMSis OK in my book, I dont care how it makes my fat rolls look :laugh:
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    For sports bras--try Moving Comfort. They make great bras from women A cup to about a DD. They have a variety of styles (underwire, racerback, etc) and their bras are very adjustable. A lot of running stores carry their products, as does Title Nine. I've seen some of their product line at ****'s Sporting Goods too.

If you're a difficult size, Enell makes the most jiggle-resistant sports bras on the planet. They'll even custom make them for you if their standard sizes don't fit. They're not the prettiest sports bras but they're functional. The Biggest Loser outfits their contests with Enell bras.

Shock Absorber bras are also amazing. I think they run through an E-cup. Great for running. Cuter than Enell, and almost as good if fitted correctly.

Thanks so much for this info!!! I have ALWAYS had a hard time finding sports bras that can support me. I'll look into these!

Also: lol @ ****'s Sporting Goods being censored!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sports bras, regular bras, tanks with bras, bralettes, tees, baggy tees, shorts, spanx, yoga pants, leggings, windpants??
    I'm not brave enough to wear just a sports bra :/
    What do you all wear?

I wish I was brave/skinny enough to wear just a sports bra... thats one of my goals! :) I just wear the sports bra's under a tank or shirt and yoga type pants that come to my knees. They are loose, not tight.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    (I want to start wearing shorts but i'm afraid they'll "ride up" when I workout. I also want to wear something other than tshirts.

My shorts ride up when I walk, and I HATE IT!!! I would love to run with some shorts, and a sports bra one day!!! (In public) lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I work out at home unless I am traveling and staying in a hotel, in which I case I try to find a good fitness center. At home, I work out in a bralette and mesh shorts. On the road, I add a t-shirt of some kind and switch out the shorts for some compression pants, depending on the weather and whether or not I have to leave my hotel to go to a gym.

I always work out sans footwear at home. Brooks shoes elsewhere.
  • vkutasz
    vkutasz Posts: 1
    Options
    mandy_lee86 - "I want to start wearing shorts but i'm afraid they'll "ride up" when I workout." I hate wearing long pants to the gym most of the time, but every time I tried wearing shorts they would ride up and I was both self conscious and uncomfortable. I don't have nearly enough guts to wear just spandex shorts, but I got myself a pair of spandex shorts that come down to just above my knees and I wear basketball shorts over them.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I wear some activewear capris, and I recently bought a few moisture wicking t shirts....all my regular shirts are getting too big anyway. I like the wicking action, it does make a difference! And they fit pretty closely...shows off the shoulders Im beginning to be proud of!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hey OP
    you should definitely wear just a sports bra :-)
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    sports bra with a t shirt over and either stretchy pants or capris.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm kinda picky, I don't like anything too tight OR too loose. I LOVE under armour!
    I generally wear cotton t-shirts or the moisture kind over a supportive sports bra (favorite of is by under armour).
    I prefer working out in shorts (compressor shorts that don't ride up), although I do ocassionally wear pants and capris, too. Mostly cotton, I don't like the tight slick kind, they always fall down when I start running!

And definitely socks that don't fall down in my shoes!

What I'm wearing in my profile picture is pretty close to what I wear to the gym all of the time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Usually a tank top and either yoga/workout capris or shorts... I'm weird though. I wear two bras. I wear a regular bra (a really cheap one I got at target forever ago) and then a sports bra over top of it. It creates a nice little pocket for my ipod lol. If I try to just put it in one bra it falls out because I have really small boobs so nothing to hold it in there. I don't wear regular t-shirts... I don't know why but I feel so frumpy in them.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    clown shoes , a tiara,fair wings,and neon green tutu,full make up and hair curled

I can has pics?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    wicking tank and black compression capris and a loose tank with some smart *kitten* comment on top. i stopped wearing pink, I dont need to be in the dungeon getting anymore attention than being a giant blonde chick already gets me. oh and tits too.
  • kathryncbarr
    Options
    Yoga pants with a sports bra and any moisture wicking top that I can move comfortably in. The most important thing I wear are my shoes, though. My feet always used to yell at me for hours after the gym (so much weight on size 5 feet). Then, I splurged on some really supportive shoes and it's made all the difference in the world!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I dress frumpy. I wear workout pants and a t-shirt I can find..lol..
  • HURLEYX3RO
    HURLEYX3RO Posts: 269
    Options
    Flowy "baby-doll" Tanks

Big cut off t-shirts

Soffe shorts

sweatpants or trackpants

Whatever is comfortable really...

Running shoes

OH and a sweatband, yes, I said it a sweatband!

It makes me feel cool. :tongue: Actually, my trainer won't let me train unless I wear it haha.

2630369_8354.jpg
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sports bra, loose fitting capris and a t shirt, with a hoody to cover up at the end. Trainer socks and trainers.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I have a "Gym" at home (Have a treadmill, 3-in-1 weight bench, and weight set) also have a full length mirror. All I need now is a elliptical...maybe for Christmas or my Bday.

Turned the extra bedroom into one :-)

So I wear anything I want or next to nothing...lol
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Silly me I thought there would be pictures.

FINE :P

318225_10151830852955125_1419241446_n.jpg
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Silly me I thought there would be pictures.

FINE :P

318225_10151830852955125_1419241446_n.jpg

Comfy :-)