Rant of a fat lady

Options
Lainn
Lainn Posts: 281 Member
I just need to vent for a wee little moment......in 3.....2.....1.....

I FEEL SO FAT!!!!!!! How do you smoothly transition from the thought process of "lose weight lose weigh lose weight" to..."pregnant gain weight pregnant gain weight pregnant gain weight"???

I KNOW I am supposed to gain while pregnant, but I feel like it's too much! I worked damn hard to go from 262lbs to 195lbs...and then those 2 pink lines appeared on the magical pee stick. I swear I gained 6" in my waist at that very moment. I am so happy to be having another baby, but am having a hard time seeing that scale inch up...who am I kidding...it is racing up!

My OB informed me I may just be a "gainer" while preggo. People have made comments "Oh your not due till October? You poor thing...you're so huge!" "Sure it's not twins?" Um gee thanks.....and hold still why I rip your lips off.

I feel huge and out of breath. Totally channeling the fat lady from Duce Bigalow Male Gigolo...."Did you say steak?". I am trying to keep up with work outs, but it doesn't help when people giggle at you while doing yoga because you keep falling over. Or when your kids have a argument about what noises you make when you bend over. Love you too children....

I honestly question the need of an item when it falls to the floor. Is it worth the 10 min excursion to bend over and pick it up? Is it worth feeling the acid reflux? Is it worth hearing the snickers as I try to bend my over stuffed body? Is it worth the noises that will inexplicably sneak out? Yeeeeah....nope!

I know the old wives tale "eating for two" is a lie, but is there one that says "weigh as much two"? What about being a sacred vessel....are you still sacred if you are the size of a battleship vessel? And my pregnancy glow? Nah...that is just sweat from trying to roll myself out of bed.

I am just tired of feeling like the Michelin man when I was finally feeling like a thin person. I miss being able to hit 60 min on my elliptical. Now I am lucky to get in 30 min before the swelling starts. Because that is what I need...to be puffier!

Rant over....gotta pee...again.

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    hugs, have they ruled out twins?

No clue I was huge when pregnant. Sorry.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sweetie! I was a 'gainer' too. I gained ~ 50# both times. I never had the cute basketball belly either -it was allllll over! Try to remember it's temporary, and soon you'll have a sweet new bebe to cuddle :happy:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    *hugs* My advice is to ditch your scale. Just take a break from logging your food for a week. Let your mind clear. That doesn't mean eat like a pig and sit on your *kitten*, but just give yourself a mental break from logging. I think it'd be good for your mental health to have a break.

I had the same problem after gaining about 11 lbs in 2 weeks. Taking a break from it was a big help to me.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Oh...you have managed to capture exactly how I felt about being PG both times. Hated it. And I was a Gainer too. 51 lbs with my son and 54 lbs with my daughter. It seemed that every single 100+ oz of water I drank per day would be absorbed into my body. My DR actually said to me, "Wow...your body doesn't like being pregnant!". Gee...what gave you that idea?? Yep, I get it. Unfortunately nothing to do but wait out the next couple of months and KNOW that there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
  • Lainn
    Options
    Thank you! I know the all the "right" ways to feel about this...that I am pregnant and gaining is inevitable. That it is necessary and cute. But I am struggling the FEELING. I certainly don't feel cute. I was just getting excited about my body and the weight loss.

But you all are right...this too shall pass. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I lost it before and I can lose it again....it is just a mind battle.
  • Lainn
    Options
    hugs, have they ruled out twins?

No clue I was huge when pregnant. Sorry.
    Yes they ruled out twins. I got so big so quickly that we had a moment of "Hmmmm maybe", but the ultrasound ruled it out. And no need to apologize!

This is my 4th baby and I am being told that by that time your body says "Hey I know how to do this!" BAM where the hell did that belly come from? The pee hasn't even dried on the stick yet.....
  • nadya768
    nadya768 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hugs-totally know the feeling-I had my 9th baby 10 months ago-gained 50lbs again!,lost 45 since january,trying to take it easy as he is breastfed.
    I was 240lbs after having my 7th baby,got down to 120lbs after 16 months,(bit too skinny for me) was happy around 130,gained 50lbswith 8th baby,then lost very quick as had gallstones and could hardly eat!
    Really feel for you-my youngest was 9 pounds and i was huuuge!!.I think the other lady had it right-take a break from tracking,just eat well and try to relax.
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 with the first baby (and immediately lost 65 btwn working out and breastfeeding) and then gained 50 with the second one...still trying to get off the last 15 and my baby is 7 years old. I was first deathly sick day and night, and nibbling helped, and then was as hungry as a 17 year old basketball player.

Sometimes you gain. Just keep the prize at the end of the race in mind - healthy baby, and huge motivation to get moving again once they are born.
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hopefully a lot of your weight is just water weight (if you are eating healthy). It has been so hot that your body may be holding onto the extra water. I was a gainer with my son too (3rd trimester was over a HOT HOT summer, I got HUGE). I was able to lose all but 10 pounds of it with my son within about 8 weeks, without doing a whole lot (breastfeeding was about it). Hopefully the same will happen for you!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya!! I have gained 50-60 with all six of my pregnancies. It would not matter if i watched what I ate or exercised, I still gained a lot. And, I got super big like you too. I heard the exact smae thing, Oh you won't make it to your due date...um, yes I will, cuz I always do!!! AND, my face gets so huge, so it is not like I even look like myself...I could handle the weight, if I just had my normal face...I think 10 lbs is in my nostrils alone.

This is how I dealt with it every time...and I need to add, I never dealt with it that smoothly, I ALWAYS cried after my OB appt. And my OB is super nice and would tell me, some women gain a lot, and that is what you do. Do not worry because it will come off, it always has. BUT, it sucks at the moment. Oh, and my last four babies were 9+ pounds...so I push out some whoppers!!! haha!

Just know that you need to enjoy this precious life inside of you. And that you are offering your baby everything that he/she needs. And that you are blessed to carry a child because some women can not. And, when the time is right, you will lose the weight (I breastfed, so I would not crash diet) So, anytime I had that boo hoo fat girl party, I would remind myself of the beauty and blessings of being pregnant...and it would help some.

Congrats sweetie!!! BTW: you look so stinking CUTE!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya!! I have gained 50-60 with all six of my pregnancies. It would not matter if i watched what I ate or exercised, I still gained a lot. And, I got super big like you too. I heard the exact smae thing, Oh you won't make it to your due date...um, yes I will, cuz I always do!!! AND, my face gets so huge, so it is not like I even look like myself...I could handle the weight, if I just had my normal face...I think 10 lbs is in my nostrils alone.

This is how I dealt with it every time...and I need to add, I never dealt with it that smoothly, I ALWAYS cried after my OB appt. And my OB is super nice and would tell me, some women gain a lot, and that is what you do. Do not worry because it will come off, it always has. BUT, it sucks at the moment. Oh, and my last four babies were 9+ pounds...so I push out some whoppers!!! haha!

Just know that you need to enjoy this precious life inside of you. And that you are offering your baby everything that he/she needs. And that you are blessed to carry a child because some women can not. And, when the time is right, you will lose the weight (I breastfed, so I would not crash diet) So, anytime I had that boo hoo fat girl party, I would remind myself of the beauty and blessings of being pregnant...and it would help some.

Congrats sweetie!!! BTW: you look so stinking CUTE!!!!

^ I love this post.

:smile: Thank you for sharing your experience.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad, but that was the most entertaining post I've read all day! I do sympathize, though. I threw up for months on end, morning noon and night, and still managed to gain huge amounts of weight.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry...and I understand. I gained 17 pounds in one month with my youngest - they also did an ultrasound to rule out twins because I gained weight so fast. My mother used to joke that she could sit next to me and feel the heat radiating off me. And you wonder why my house could have penguins living in it? Just know you're not alone. And one day, you too can make fun of your children when they decide to have kids. Paybacks are hell.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    *Big huge hugs for you*

You are totally not alone. Thanks for writing this, I can really identify with what you are saying.

TinkrBelz said everything better than I could say it.

You know, people should be banned from saying anything about a pregnant woman's body, unless they are telling her that she looks great and makes a beautiful pregnant woman.

And that first weigh-in after baby comes out is going to be a sweet one!