At what age....

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc
2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me)
3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect
4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't)
5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy
6. Stop trick or treating
7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc - Never
    2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me) - this was a size thing, not an age thing
    3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect - never joined
    4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't) - still do
    5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy - I don't know that I ever thought they were gross (:love: )
    6. Stop trick or treating - still do (but now I have kids) I was still doing it in college though
    7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities - 7th grade
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    1. Probably 12.
    2. I still change in the car.
    3. 4th grade.
    4. I still call them that.
    5.When I met my fiance, 16.
    6. I still trick or treat.
    7. When I was 16.
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1. Tooth fairy and such, probably 8... Love, never!
    2. haha I still change in a car!
    3. Never joined.
    4. I still call my parents mommy and daddy, and i'm 23.
    5. I also don't know if I ever found them gross. I love men.
    6. I think I was like 12?
    7. Wore make up...11.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc 5. 5. 19.
    2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me) Still change in my car...
    3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect I was in Brownies in 2nd grade, and that was it.
    4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't) I still call my parents that when Im down.
    5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy 12?
    6. Stop trick or treating 14
    7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities 11
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Tooth Fairy was six (I tricked her, she failed). Santa was 8. We didn't do the Easter Bunny. I still believe in love.

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me):
    Never felt comfortable doing this.

No idea. I did Brownies for a year or so, but I didn't enjoy it.

4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't):
    Never did.

5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy:
    I remember having my first crush on a boy at school at 8 years old. Then, it was 11 or 12 in secondary school.

6. Stop trick or treating:
    Did this up to about 16. I have younger siblings, so I took them out.

7. Finally wear make up:
    I think I started at about 13, after lots of negative comments from my mum who proceeded to paint my face to clown standards. I got made fun of, so that was the only day I wore make-up until I was 15 or so, and did it myself. Stopped again at 22/23.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc : 7 YEARS OLD
    2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car: NEVER
    3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect: 14, back at it as a leader now.
    4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy": Never called them that, always mom and dad to this day.
    5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy: 12 Years old
    6. Stop trick or treating: 13 years old
    7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities: 19
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc: 8 YEARS OLD...and on a side note....who stops believing on LOVE?!!!!

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car (I hope this wasn't just me): NEVER! I just did last week!

3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect: NEVER JOINED

4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't): 12 YEARS OLD...every once in a while I'll call my dad "daddy"...it just slips out

5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy: 14? ha! I think it's because I was a late bloomer and it wasn't until then that boys started noticing me!

6. Stop trick or treating: 12

7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities: We weren't allowed to wear make up at school until 6th grade. So I played around with it then and decided it really wasn't for me. I still hardly wear make up at 28 years old. Every once in a while I will really get dolled up for a night out.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc - What do you mean ... I still believe :)

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me) i have yet to do that

3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect 9 or 10

4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't) I still do once in a while :)

5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy 12ish

6. Stop trick or treating 13-14

7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities 13-14
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc.....what are u saying???

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me)....still do

3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect....10

4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't).....can't remember ever doing this

5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyyy.....2

6. Stop trick or treating.....17

7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities....makeup 13....tightly whities...always!
  • frafjordtwins
    frafjordtwins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc - Never
    2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car - I'm over 40 & still change in my car
    3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect - now I'm a Booster President so never
    4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" - went from mom to mommy about 2yrs ago after my sister died
    5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy - When you stop looking & enjoying what is the use of being alive
    6. Stop trick or treating - never
    7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities - who has time with a 16yr old & 2 1/2 yr old twins
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc.
    Probably about 6 years old - my parents weren't very good at keeping it zipped. Except love, I'll always have a place in my heart for that (potential pun not intended...) due to being a disgustingly bad romantic.

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car (I hope this wasn't just me)
    I've always hated it and still do, really

I never started them, haha.

I've always said "mum" but weirdly enough it took me until at least 9 or 10 to get out of the "daddy" phase.

In all seriousness, like 6 months ago and I'm 19... It sounds REALLY childish, but I had a hard time getting out of that mindset because I got bullied by a lot of boys in primary school -.- It's weirder considering I have loads of guy friends too and get on with nice guys no problem, but I've still never found anyone to be "oh h e l l o" or anything...

I'll still go, not phased. Hahaha. xD

7. Finally wear make up/stop wearing tighty whities
    I'm not sure, about 15?
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    gonzo.. i havent stopped none of this.. what do you mean.. there is no tooth fairy no easter bunny.. wtf..
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc.
    Age 10ish. Love should not be lumped in with that stuff. That's weird.

2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me)
    Still do this @ 47.

Never joined.

Never really did.

Age 5

Around age 11 or 12

Age 44 or 45.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc -
    I still believe in love but the others I was 11-13....I didn't realize that because the tooth fairy wasn't real that the easter bunny and santa weren't either. :|

I don't know, haven't done that in forever.

3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect -
    14ish...9th grade lol

Still do haha

Like 13 but not actually until 16? I was a lot more open about it after 16 haha

I went in 12th grade HAHA. It was awesome

started wearing make up at 15/16 - around 10th grade.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    1. tooth fairy/easter bunny 12 love - never
    2. Depends on who I'm in the car with
    3. Was never in any of these
    4. I have no idea how old I was
    5. 14
    6. I went when I was 15, but I was taking my little cousin around
    7. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was a sophmore/junior in high school ( I was a tom boy)
  • BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    1. Did you stop believing in the tooth fairy, easter bunny, love, etc STOPED BELIEVING IN TOOTH FAIRY ETC AT ABOUT AGE 9, I STILL BELIEVE IN LOVE.
    2. You finally get old enough you stopped being comfortable changing in a car( I hope this wasn't just me) I STILL CHANGE IN THE CAR, AFTER DANCING FOR 14 YEARS YOU LEARN HOW TO KEEP IT ALL HIDDEN
    3. Quit girl scouts, boy scouts, FFA, ect 8-ISH
    4. Stop calling your parents "mommy" and "daddy" (I still haven't) STILL DO
    5. Go from finding the opposite sex from gross to heyyyyyy UMMM 12 OR 13
    6. Stop trick or treating LOL 17 I THINK, PEOPLE FINALLY STOPPED GIVING US OLDER KIDS CANDY AND TOLD US TO GET LOST :'(
    7. Finally wear make up/ stop wearing tighty whities I WORE DANCE MAKE UP STARTING AT THE AGE OF 4 OR 5 AND THEN IN GRADE 5 I WORE EYE SHADOW THEN AS I GOT OLDER I STARTED WEARING MORE AND MORE.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

1. tooth fairy I think it was around 8 years old.. Never believed in the easter bunny.
    2. haha never did that sorry
    3. I was never a part of girls scouts
    4. never called them that way, they still ma or pa , or ama/apa (im mexican and speak spanish with them)
    5. around 13-14
    6. I did the trick or treat stuff just once in my life , i was around 9 years old.
    7. 14
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    1. tooth fairy, easter bunny - 8ish. I think Love is very possible. Not everyone will truly find it, though.
    2. changing in a car - I'll pretty much change anywhere.
    3. girl scouts - 9
    4. stop calling parents mommy and daddy - 10?
    5. Liking boys - 'Bout 6!!
    6. Trick or treating - 10
    7. Makeup - maybe 13? I don't really wear much still.
  • urfavemt
    urfavemt Posts: 5
    Options
    1. tooth fairy, easter bunny ect- about 7 years old but i still the holidays they represent.
    2. changing in a car - I have no shame this does not bother me.
    3. Boy Scouts - I started moving around allot in middle school so around then.
    4. stop calling parents mommy and daddy - lol still say mommy from time to time... I guess that might be strange.
    5. Liking girls- ummmm when I was in 5th grade
    6. Trick or treating - 17
    7. tighty whities - um 3rd grade.